CPSC 722: Advanced Systems Topics, Fall 2012
Instructors: Ramakrishna Gummadi and Bryan Ford
- Thu Sep 6: organizational meeting
- Thu Sep 13: "Crash Recovery in Distributed Systems", presented by
- Thu Sep 20: ""FAWN: A Fast Array of Wimpy Nodes", presented by
- Thu Sep 27: "Persona: An Online Social Network
with User-Defined Privacy", presented by Ran Zhao.
- Thu Oct 4: "Dissent in Numbers: Making Strong Anonymity Scale",
presented by David Wolinsky.
- Thu Oct 11: No presentation, OSDI.
- Thu Oct 18: "Detecting and Defending Against Third-Party
Tracking on the Web", by Jiahui Shao.
- Thu Oct 25: No class, recess;
- Thu Nov 1: a) "Towards Statistical Queries over Distributed Private
User Data", presented by Ran Zhao and b) "Quincy: Fair Scheduling for
Distributed Computing Clusters" by Bingyi Cao.
- Thu Nov 8: "Checking System Rules Using System-Specific,
Programmer Written Compiler Extensions", Presented by Jose Faleiro; and
"Reliable Client Accounting for
P2P-Infrastructure", presented by Shuying Luo.
- Thu Nov 15: TBD by Meng Huang; "Fast and Parallel Webpage Layout" by Tian Pan
- Thu Nov 22: Thanksgiving
- Tu Nov 27: Special slot, TBD.
- Thu Nov 29: "CleanOS:
Limiting Mobile Data Exposure with Idle Eviction" (https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/osdi12/osdi12-final-203.pdf) , by Lin Yan, and TBD by Tian Pan
- Thu Dec 6: Meng Huang; Jiahui Shao.
- Thu Dec 13: TBD; Shuying Luo.