Subject: Enron/Avaya Meeting in Basking Ridge, wk of Jan 8, '01
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 02:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Thad,

Would you please get the calendars of your execs synchronized, and tell us 
which 2-day period the week of January 8 - 12, 2001 works best for our mutual 
meetings?  We were originally looking at the 9th, 10th, or 11th as days to 
choose from primarily to avoid having the EBS executives located in the 
western U.S. travel from Portland, OR on Sunday for meetings on Monday in 
NJ.  Consequently, I had asked the EBS executives to pencil in the 9th - 11th 
of January, and got the final one to confirm late last week.  

However, Kim Godfrey at EBS may have some new requirements; which is why I 
need your help in an expedited way - I'll need to give Kim your executives' 
availability during that week, and then we'll get things locked in ASAP.The 
meetings would still be scheduled such that the 1st meeting day would be for 
the meetings to be held during the 2nd half of that day, from 2-4 hours of 
meeting time for the executives (VP & up, primarily) to discuss possible 
alignments and opportunities.  This would include two primary areas:

1)  EBS-sell-to-Avaya for Avaya internal use:  what types of potential 
solutions EBS could offer Avaya for Avaya's internal use; and
2)  EBS & Avaya join together in a product and/or marketing effort to 
determine what kinds of solutions which the could jointly propose to the 
(common) markets served:  "sell with" (each other); and "sell through" 
(channels type efforts), where either or both Avaya and EBS would act as 
sales channels for each other's sales forces.

These meetings would be followed by the 2nd day's session(s), which would 
include primarily development and marketing team members who would discuss 
areas in which Avaya and EBS could develop one or more joint value 
propositions, such that they would have a "jumping off point" for a 
go-to-market effort (item #2, above).  In addition, the technical aspects of 
some of the 
"EBS-would-like-to-sell-its-services-to-Avaya-for-Avaya-internal-use" (item 
#1, above) meetings from the Executive session the 1st day could then be 
addressed.

Please let me know which 2-day period looks like the most workable one for 
your executives at Avaya HQ during the week of 1/8/01, so that I can get to 
Kim to allow her to get the EBS executives' schedules locked into days 
synchronized with your executives'.  

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff Youngflesh
Director, Business Development
Global Strategic Sourcing
Enron Corp.
333 Clay Street, 11th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
t:  713-345-5968
f:  713-646-2450
c:  713-410-6716