Subject: Bristol Babcock/Pagosa Energy - Well Master/Enron meeting notes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:15:00 -0800 (PST)

Meeting Minutes: Bristol Babcock, Pagosa Energy/Well Master, EBS, and GSS
Meeting Purpose:  Business overview, solutions identification/brainstorming
Date: 12/1/00

Enron

EBS Attendee:
Anthony Gilmore
Global Strategic Sourcing Attendee: 
Jeff Youngflesh

Bristol Babcock
Kevin Finnan
Jim Griffeth

Pagosa Energy/Well Master
Rob Bender

DISCUSSION POINTS:

1)  Bristol and Well Master feel that there is significant opportunity, with 
placement of enough BBI TeleFlow devices (integrated flow computer, 
corrector, recorder and controller/RTU) in North America that the data 
transmission needs would generate enough bandwidth demand that it would be of 
interest to EBS to provide some of its solutions to Bristol & Pagosa Energy 
"unified solutions" (quotes are mine - JKY) for the gas industry.  NOTE:  
this could take a longer term to reach the necessary "critical status", due 
to the need for a very large hardware install base since each TeleFlow 
generates only about 11 - 12,000 bytes of data per day in its report bursts.
1a)  In this scenario, the EBS opportunity would be primarily driven by sales 
of product solutions by BBI and Pagosa, which would include EBS network 
capacity.  (a "sell-through" effect for EBS)

2)  There could also be enough demand for bandwidth- or related EBS solutions 
to Bristol by including Bristol's own internal I/T bandwidth consumption that 
a near-term solutions engagement would be desirable.  NOTE:  this could 
accelerate to the necessary "critical status", bringing to EBS more solutions 
demand due to the addition of "sell-to".  The "sell-through" effect would be 
present with Bristol/Pagosa selling solutions which use EBS' solutions (a 
sales "channel"), as well as EBS "sell-to" BBI & Pagosa for their own 
internal consumption of bandwidth.
____________________________________________________________________

ACTION ITEMS:  
1)  Bristol will provide Anthony (Tony) Gilmore of Enron Broadband Services 
the necessary contact information for the appropriate people in FKI's 
(Bristol's parent co.) Info/Technology area.

2) Enron GSS contacts (J Youngflesh) will attempt to ascertain if there would 
be value to Enron (GPG?) and/or its customers if they had the ability to 
execute nomination control all the way to the ground (upstream of gas 
well-head).

3) EBS (Tony Gilmore) will begin working on the I/T discovery process, 
attempting to aggregate total Bandwidth demand: (usage patterns/volume/etc.) 
at Bristol and/or Pagosa.
3a)  Per Rob Bender, Tony Gilmore should be contacting Al Freimeyer (sp?) at 
Pagosa to understand the volum of data from their daily batches from 
well-to-vendor.  Rob provided Tony Al's telephone number on 12/1.

4)  Enron GSS to contact Ron Smith - waterSCADA.com - to investigate parallel 
opportunity (gas / water analog).

5)  EBS and BBI/Pagosa will begin (internal efforts) to figure out ways of 
getting the TeleFlow CDPD data onto the EBS "Enron Intelligent Network"

Next Meeting: TBD

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Thank you, 

Jeff

Jeff Youngflesh
Director, Business Development
Global Strategic Sourcing
Enron Corp.
333 Clay Street, 11th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
t:  713-345-5968
f:  713-646-2450
c:  713-410-6716

	Bender Rob <[email-masked]>
	12/05/2000 08:50 AM
		 
		 To: [email-masked]
		 cc: [email-masked]
		 Subject: Meeting 12-1-00

Dear Jeff:

It was a pleasure meeting with you last Friday with Jim Griffith and
Kevin Finnan of Bristol Babcock.  Perhaps by now you have had an
opportunity to review the  http://wells.pagosaenergy.com web site and
look at aspects of the "demo" section.  This is a very dynamic program
with changes, upgrades, and customization taking place all the time to
meet the individual needs of our customers.

There may well be a good fit here as we are seeking ever faster means of
communication and will be requiring a substantial infrastructure not
only for communications but for data base hosting as well.  While yet in
its infancy we have received very positive feedback and interest from
numerous oil and gas companies in the industry.  An alliance with Enron
to help us on the road to becoming the "Microsoft" of oil and gas well
automation would be a very alluring prospect.  I would like to keep a
dialog going between us to scope out areas of mutual benefit for our two
companies where such an alliance would make sense.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Rob Bender,
President - PagosaEnergy.com
[email-masked]