Subject: Re: DealBench
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:11:00 -0800 (PST)

Paul,

I would be happy to meet on Tuesday maybe I could host you guys for lunch here and we could spend
the afternoon looking at possibilities.

I have asked Peggy my Assistant to keep Tuesday open as of noon.

Looking forward to meeting on Tuesday.

Kind Regards,

P.

[email-masked] on 02/13/2001 10:02:06 AM
To:	[email-masked]
cc:	[email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject:	DealBench

Philippe,

Thank you for presenting us with the opportunity to work with Enron around
the DealBench play. Since we last met we have been busy promoting the idea
of working with Enron on DealBench to our Supply Chain Service Line
leadership partners.   I believe we have convinced them that there is a
nice fit between Deal Bench and our own Auction Services play (known as
Dynamic Pricing Solutions or DPS).  We would like to get back together with
you and your team early next week, preferably Monday afternoon and Tuesday
to sort through the potential shape of an ongoing arrangement.  We believe
the combination of Accenture's relationships, assets and book of business
in the Auction Services space creates a tremendous platform for helping
Enron generate value from your DealBench investment.  Our DPS group
provides a ready made model for bringing Auction Services to the market
place in a way that fully leverages our 15,000+ supply chain resources.

As you and your team pointed out there are many options to forming a
relationship going forward.  During our meetings with you we would like to
further explore the manner in which we might work together to collectively
service the marketplace.   The possibilities to consider would be the items
you listed in the packet you shared with us:

     DealBench/Accenture Marketing Alliance
     DealBench/Accenture Special Purpose Vehicle

Our initial view is that the Special Purpose Vehicle is likely to be the
optimum structure.  This view is based on the fact that we both have
similar assets, resources and market potential that would likely fit
together in a combination of some kind very well.  We see working together
but with separate competitive offerings or simply the addition of another
tool to our offering as limiting over the long term.

As a path forward, I have asked our DPS group to work with us to develop a
synergistic play.  They are available early next week to provide you and
your team an overview of the offerings we are currently providing to the
marketplace.  After we demonstrate our DPS offering we can discuss the
appropriate aspects of the Special Purpose Vehicle and if appropriate
determine the go forward approach.  It is our view that both parties would
assign dedicated resources to drive out the structure, business plan
(including offering scope, operating model, cost estimates, capital
requirements) and overall initial contributions of the parties.  We think
this effort could be completed in 1 or 2 weeks at most.

We are excited about the possibilities of working with Enron on this
initiative and appreciate your willingness to work with Accenture.  I will
be calling you later today to set-up the logistics for the discussions next
week.  I will ask our people to come to Houston for these meetings.  In the
meantime you can reach me at 713-837-2406.

Regards,

Paul

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.