Subject: CAISO Communication: Market Notice of Pending UFE Adjustment - T rade Dates April 27 - June 27, 2000 - Pasadena and SCE UDC Territories
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

> SC Settlements Contacts;
MARKET NOTICE
This Market Notification is to advise you of a misallocation of UFE that has
been identified in the SCE and Pasadena's UDC territories between the Trade
dates of April 27, 2000 and June 27, 2000 .
On April 26, 2000 the ISO made a change to the ISO Masterfile that
eliminated the ability for SCs to submit a schedule at the intra-tie
resource ID for the Pasadena UDC territory. This change in turn, prevented
the meter data that was directly collected by the ISO at the intra-tie/load
point to be used in the Settlement calculations.
The effect of this change was that from Trade date April 27, 2000 until
corrected for Trade date June 28, 2000 the UFE calculation was performed
without the proper data representing the intra-tie point between the SCE and
Pasadena UDC territories. This caused UFE to be more positive in the SCE UDC
territory and more negative in the Pasadena UDC territory.  The UFE
calculation used the appropriate meter data, for Trade dates June 28, 2000
forward .
The ISO is in process of determining the method to reallocate the UFE for
the period between Trade dates April 27, 2000 and June 27, 2000. The
magnitude of the misallocation is estimated at approximately $14.5 Million .

Further notification to the Market will be made after the ISO determines the
reallocation method and timeline .

> ISO Project Manager
> Kyle T. Hoffman, (916) 608-7057
> Client Relations, California ISO
> Internet: [email-masked]
> FAX: (916) 608-7074
>
> CRCommunications
> Client Relations Communications
>