Subject: CAISO Notification: "Non-Firm" Real Time Energy Market Bids to b e Rejected - Market Message
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

Market Participants and Schedule Coordinators,

  Please be advised that all Supplemental Energy bids
(including imports and exports) submitted to the ISO for use in the
real-time Imbalance Energy Market are considered to be "FIRM" (i.e., the
bids cannot be withdrawn after 45 minutes prior to the Settlement Period and
can be dispatched by the ISO anytime during the Settlement Period, see - ISO
Tariff o 2.5.22.4.1).

  Any bids labeled as "Non- Firm" or reported to the CAISO
real-time scheduler as "Non-Firm" or recallable will be rejected.  The CAISO
does not carry the necessary excess reserves to support "Non-Firm"
Supplemental Imports.

  If there are any questions concerning this practice please
contact Brian Rahman at 916-608-5883.

Brian S. Rahman P.E.
Manager of Markets - California ISO
Phone (916) 608-5883
Pager (916) 814-0614