Subject: Enron Air Consultants
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 05:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin/Bob:

 Here is a quick rundown on the consultants that Sam Wehn and his team have 
been using in their efforts to obtain ERCs in the CA market. If you have 
questions, or would like to see their resumes/bios let me know. 

Joan Heredia, Woodward-Clyde Consultants
805-964-6010 x127
Joan is a project engineer in the field of Air Quality Mangement.  She has 
previously worked for the County of Santa Barbara Air Pollution Control 
District from 1985-1990.  In her current position, she provides regulatory 
compliance expertise with an emphasis in the areas of air quality and 
hazardous waste management.  Joan has various regulatory agency interaction 
with California's Air Quality Districts and the EPA.  Her experience includes:
Prepared air permit applications at 3 bulk gasoline distribution terminals.  
Public meeting participation and response to public inquiries concerning air 
pollution control policies and procedures.
Air dispersion modeling and health risk assssment for contaminated soil 
remediation projects.
Air emission control device efficiency analysis.  
Emissions evaluation for boilers, flares, internal combustion engines, 
turbines.
Served as the lead coordinator for a consortium of power generation companies 
(AES, Enron, US Gen, Reliant and Calpine) in developing comments on the South 
Coast Air Quality Management District Turbine BACT guidelines.  
Project manager for all environmental permitting associated with the 
development of a 500 MW merchant power plant in AZ.
Project manager for a 500 MW gas-fired turbine merchant power plant.  
Prepared emission scenarios to facilitate operational flexibility and managed 
the air quality impact assessment.  Prepared NSR/PSD permit application for 
submittal to the Bay Area Air District.  Participated in public hearings and 
served as expert witness for CEC testimony.  Participated in numerous 
negotation meetings with the EPA, CARB, and Bay Area Air Quality Mangement 
District for the development permit condition language.  
Joan is a member of the Air and Waste Management Association.  She has a B.S. 
in Chemical Engineering from University of California, Santa Barbara and an 
M.S. in Environmental Engineering from California Polytechnic State 
University.  

Mike Hadari, self-employed consultant
cell:  310-710-9299
Mike worked with John Palmisano (former Enron employee), Josh Margolis 
(Cantor-Fitzgerald Brokerage Services) on several trading-related air 
programs.  Mike is currently assisting EES on some GHG issues.  He has a 
heavy technical background (Combustion Energy Engineer) that has focused on 
high efficiency combustion and energy-related projects.  Mike worked at the 
San Jouaquin Air District for 2 years, and has worked at other consulting 
firms before starting his own consulting operation.  Mike was one of 20 
people who worked on the development of the RECLAIM program in the SCAQMD.  
He has a broad range of expertise that includes technical, regulatory and 
trading experience.  He has negotiated with a number of air districts.  He is 
currently devoting about 95 % of his time today to Enron (EES and ENA).  He 
is also involved in reporting functions for the CA ERC and RECLAIM programs.  

Barry Ogilby, Attorney, McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Enersen
415-393-2496
Barry is in McCutchen's environmental, litigation and energy law practice 
groups.  He has been involved with environmental compliance, litigation and 
regulatory matters at the federal and state levels for than 25 years. 

He was in house counsel for Exxon for 15 years, While at Exxon, he provided 
commercial litigation support to Exxon's marketing, refining, pipeline 
transportation, and oil and gas production operations.  He was appointed by 
the Governor of CA to serve on the State's Oil Spill Technical Advisory 
Committee.

He represents clients on a national basis on matters related to marine 
transportation, the Clean Air Act (inlcuding project development and 
compliance), and the Clean Water Act.  He has extensive experience in federal 
and state compliance actions related to air and water laws and new permitting 
requirements.  He often represents clients before federal and state 
regulatory agencies regarding alleged violations of environmental laws and in 
support of client efforts to obtain necessary environmental and land-use 
permits for new projects. 

Barry is a member of the ABA, and has served as an adjunct law professor in 
environmental and land-use law.  He received his J.D. from the University of 
Memphis and his B.S. Degree in engineering/geology from the University of 
KY.  He is admitted to practice in CA, TX, TN and KY. 

McCutchen's Environmental and Land Use Group consists of 70 lawyers in four 
offices.  They represent landowners and developers, basic and high technology 
manufacturing companies, transportation companies, trade associations and 
governmental entities.  Members of McCutchen's Environmental Group who 
specialize in Air Quality have experience in:  New Source Review:  
Non-attainment and PSD ; State Air Permits ; Title V Operating Permits ; New 
Source Performance Standards ; Stationary Controls ; RECLAIM ; Reporting 
Obligations ;  and Emissions Banking among other things. 

Kurt Marquald and Peter Okurowski, California Environmental Associates
415-421-4213
Kirk is the Founder and Principal of CEA.  He has worked on CA energy and 
environmental regulatory issues for over 18 years.  He has led large-scale 
regulatory reform and strategic planning projects for major manufacturing and 
transportation companies as well as trade associations and law firms.  Prior 
to establishing CEA, Kirk served as teh Under Secretary of CA Natural 
Resources Agency as Director of the Office of Appropriate Technology.  He 
managed budget and policy initiatives at the Agency's 9 departments.  He has 
resolved policy conflicts between departments, cabinet officers, legislators, 
companies, and private citizens.  He has also worked as a consultant to the 
Environmental Defense Fund on issues related to energy, water and hazardous 
materials.  Kirk has a M.S. in Natural Resources Policy and Mangement from 
teh University of MI and a B.A. from Trinity College.

Peter is a Senior Associate at CEA with broad experience in technical, 
political, and legal analysis on air pollution issues.  He works with clients 
to strategically manage their position in ongoing federal, state and local 
rulemaking activities.  He analyzes data and policy proposals to help clients 
develop the appropriate level of regulatory action.  Prior to joining CEA, he 
worked for four years at the U.S. EPA office of Mobile Sources in Ann Arbor, 
MI.  He developed regulatory text and helped to form public policy for EPA's 
economic incentive programs and emissions trading programs.  Peter holds a 
J.D. from Indiana University and a B.A. in Economics from the University of 
MI.  

Overall, CEA has assisted clients on numerous environental issues.  CEA 
Actions in the air emissions credit trading arena include:
assisting the client in managing permit and emission reduction credit issues 
at a facility slated for closure;
performing analysis of possible excess credit streams under various business 
assumptions;
intervening with the SCAQMD to resolve issues adversely impacting a client's 
emission credit allocations;
educating the client as to possible trading and brokerage strategies; and 
assisting the client in the auction of credits.