Subject: Re: FW: FW: Aggies Demand a Recount
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:53:00 -0800 (PST)

Good one.  Let's hope they lose the next one too, and someone will write 
another funny parody.

Stephen Schwarzbach
11/14/2000 05:30 PM
To: Greg Whiting/Corp/Enron@ENRON, John Mackel/HOU/EES@EES, Eric 
Bass/HOU/ECT@ECT, Luis Mena/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael S Galvan/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Todd Migliore/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Duane Fritz/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Braden 
Sewell/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: FW: FW: Aggies Demand a Recount

Subject: FW: Aggies Demand a Recount

College Station, TX (AP) - R.C. Slocum and the Texas A&M Aggies are
demanding a recount of the game in which Oklahoma won 35 to 31. "The end
zones were confusing," says Slocum. "I'm sure that some of the touchdowns
that went in Oklahoma's end zone were meant to go into ours.

We were scoring in those end zones also.  Oklahoma would never have scored
thirty-five points. There's no way we lost this one. A&M demands a recount."

Oklahoma officials are calling this "outrageous". "They agreed to the size,
shape and locations of the end zones prior to kick-off," replies OU coach
Bob Stoops.  "If they had a problem with them, they should have said so
before we started. You don't get to keep playing until you're happy with the
outcome.  Someone had to lose.  We've scored over thirty-five points many
times."

A&M has sent lawyers, farmers, and those guys in the funny boots as well as
that damn dog down to Kyle Field, where the scoreboard will be tested.  "We
are confident that when the points are re-totaled, we will be the winner of
the game," says Slocum.

OU also points out that in many games prior to this one, the same end zones
were used. "They didn't have a problem with the end zones until they lost,"
says Stoops.

Outside of Kyle Field, A&M student protesters have gathered outside bearing
signs such as, "A&M wants a fair game! WHOOOOOOP!" Students' thoughts echoed
their signs. "All we want is a fair total of the points before we declare a
winner," says student Karen Hays, an aggie from Marfa.

"We need to proceed cautiously and not rush to judgment before we declare a
winner."

ABC, around 2:00pm central time, had mistakenly declared A&M the winner,
despite the slim 3 point lead the Aggies held at that point. At about 2:30
pm, with the game still to close to call, ABC had to back off its
prediction.

College football analyst Brent Musburger made the call. "We felt that with a
number of points still not added in by Jamaar Tombs and the Aggies, we were
certain A&M would carry this game. We may have been premature in our
prediction."