From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:02:00 -0800 (PST)

In 1824:

John Q. Adams ran for President, son of former President John Adams.

In 2000:

George W. Bush ran for President, son of former President George Bush

In 1824:

John Q. Adams opponent was a man from Tennessee, Andrew Jackson

In 2000:

George W. Bush's opponent was a man from Tennessee, Albert Gore, Jr.

In 1824:

Andrew Jackson won the popular vote

In 2000:

Al Gore won the popular vote

In 1824:

John Q. Adams was elected by the "electors" as President of the United States

In 2000:

George W. Bush will probably be elected by the "electors" as President of the 
United States

John Adams, the father, was a one-term President
George Bush, the father, was a one-term President
John Adams, the father, was preceded by a two term President and succeeded by 
a two term President
George Bush, the father, was preceded by a two term President and succeeded 
by a two term President

John Q Adams and Andrew Jackson squared off for a rematch after John Q's 
first term.  John Q lost a re-election bid  in 1828.  John Q's predecessor 
was James Monroe.  James Monroe had a wife who was elected Senator from New 
York, Hillary Monroe.