Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mother,

I had offered to come and be there during your surgery.  Both you and Dad 
replied that it was not necessary because the surgery was not that serious 
and there was no timeframe on its completion.  You know that I love you and 
Dad very much, and that I do not have a favorite parent (if that was your 
implication with your last comment).

If you are unhappy with Jason's actions that is fine, but you have to 
remember that my brother and I are different people.  You cannot neccessarily 
associate his actions with mine.  Please take that into consideration.

I love you very much,

Eric

"K. Bass" <[email-masked]> on 08/24/2000 06:39:31 PM
Please respond to "K. Bass" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bass, Jason" <[email-masked]>
cc: Eric Bass <[email-masked]>, "Larry W. Bass" 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: 

Dear Jason,
?
I know it has been two months since my  surgery.? I don't know why the 
feelings have finally surfaced.? I did  not even say anything to your father 
until today.? 
?
First of all, I expected to see 3 smiling faces  when I awoke in the recovery 
room.? I only saw one.? I was  devastated.? I will get over it but it has to 
run its course.? Nothing  would have prevented me from being by either one of 
your sides under similar  circumstances.? I know you have lives, work, etc., 
but you, especially,  always find time for friends in need, i.e, Donnita's 
mother and Donnita's  15-minute oral surgery.? Give me a break.?? But, the 
most heart  wrenching thing is, until today, you never gave it a second 
thought. How would  you have felt if I had not been there for you? The final 
blow, though, was the  realization that you would take time to be with 
somebody else's mother and take  an entire day off for Donnita's oral 
surgery.? Actions speak louder than  words.
?
I'll get over this.? In fact, I've gotten it  off my chest and this is the 
end of it.? But, I cannot help but wonder, and  I want you both to answer 
this truthfully, if it had been your father, would you  have been there?? 
Just curious.? You reap what you sow.? I guess  I was not very good at the 
sowing part.
?
Love, Mom