Subject: Fwd: FW:A Great Example
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:33:13 -0800 (PST)

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!
From: "Perkins, Rhonda" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cathie Nesrsta (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Cawthra, Gillian"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Judy Crawford (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Kari Tracey (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Kelly Jones (E-mail)"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Larry McKenzie (E-mail)"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Lorenzo Martinez (E-mail)"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Lorri Wilson (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Marsha Pressnell (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Pat Lee (E-mail)"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Sandy (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,        "Moreno, Tracey" <[email-masked]>,        "Schutt, Tammy"	 <[email-masked]>,        "Johnson, Gretchen" <[email-masked]>,        "Oswald, Dean" <[email-masked]>, "West, Alisa" <[email-masked]>,        "Tischbein, Jill A." <[email-masked]>,        "Rodriguez, Dina"	 <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW:A Great Example
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:26:35 -0600

This is worth the read!

ATTITUDE

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud mother-in-law of my best
friend, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair
fashionably coiffed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally

blind, moved to a nursing home today. Her husband of 70 years recently
passed away, making the move necessary.

Maurine Jones is the most lovely, gracious, dignified woman that I have
ever had the pleasure of meeting. While I have never aspired to attain her
depth of wisdom, I do pray that I will learn from her vast experience.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home,
she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her
walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her tiny room,
including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window. "I love it,"
she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been
presented with a new puppy.

"Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room ... just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied.  "Happiness is
something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not
doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my
mind. I already decided to love it ... "It's a decision I make every morning

when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the
difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out
of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long

as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've
stored away ... just for this time in my life. Old age is like a bank
account ... you withdraw from what you've put in ... So, my advice to you
would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories."

Have a great day!

If more of us had this attitude... just think how much better off this world

would be!

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.