Subject: Christmas Arches
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:31:24 -0800 (PST)

The following is the information need for the arch set up.  If you would like
to volunteer to help fill out the attachment form* and drop by 1906
CLaiborne.  If you would like to email me that you will help please email
your NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE to [email-masked]  *(Note:  We do not send
attachments through ccvevents, because of viruses.  Craig will get the form
to me in text form and I will email it to you later.  You may not be aware,
but I have received several virus from people on the ccvevents list.
Luckily, I caught them before they attached my system  Happy emailing.)

At this time I will need a hard copy of the for for set up . All should be
receiving a for on your door this week.  They are due before November 17th.

Arch Committee Report

Setup December 1st - Takedown January 5th

Arch Setup is scheduled for Saturday (December 1) with completion on Sunday
(December 2) if needed.

I have a few volunteers that have stated they willing to help on those days
but as always could use more. I will have a short meeting with the volunteers
at my house on Thursday before setup. The more help the faster we can
complete the Holiday Decorations. Last year we where able to setup the arches
in one day. I would like to do the same this your. Men ,Women, and Teens are
asked to help. The process consists of assembly of the arch (men needed), tie
the light onto the arch with plastic ties (anyone) and then erecting the Arch
(4 men). We will divide up in to due teams that will move down the street
performing their part. Clean holes if needed, assemble arches, check lights,
attach lights to arches, retest lights and stand arch At least one
experiences arch volunteer from last year will be on each team as the lead .
If we get an early star we can complete the setup in one day. I would like to
start at 8:30 am on Saturday (Dec.1). We can meet at the Church at 8:00 am
and delegate duties to groups We will leave from the Church at 8:30 am and
start the setups. Those helping may want to bring a pair of gloves and wire
cutters or side cutters for the ties. O' yes, for those that helped last
year, we will have the chicken gumbo again. I hope that is OK.

We would like to have all setup fees in before setup day. I will have a
mailbox in front of my house to drop the fee in with your setup form. If you
do not send in your form and would like to have your arch setup we will
except the fee on Saturday of setup. This fee collection is time consuming
and would like not have to deal the fee on setup day. It is the residents
responsibility to have the arch parts accessible by 8:30am on the setup
Saturday. We will have extra light strings for those that need to purchase
replacements.

If you would like to have your Arch set up please have the following items
completed and ready by Saturday (December 1).

Requirement for Setup of existing Arches:

All Arch holes will need to be cleaned, by washing out with water prior to
setup day.

All Arch pieces will need to be places at Arch hole of the resident (Arch
Partner) that will plug in the lights.

All lights are to be tested and bad lights replaced. Bulbs available at Hobby
Lobby.

Extension cord laid out for light check prior to Arch Erection.

All arch parts accessible by 8:30am Saturday Dec.1.

I cannot believe that it is already November and we need to be ready for
Chirstmas in the Village.  Craig and the arch team can use our help.  Let him
know if you can lend a hand.  Mary G. Strickland