Subject: FW: Implementing PJM WEST
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:18:30 -0800 (PST)

fyi

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]@ENRON   On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent:	Monday, November 19, 2001 7:15 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Implementing PJM WEST

As we have discussed on our conference calls, AP will be joining PJM WEST on
January 1, 2002.  The formation of PJM WEST will result in two Control Areas
being operated as a single market under the PJM umbrella.  As such, PJM will
become the Security Coordinator and Transmission Provider for AP.  Additionally,
AP will no longer be a valid source or sink; PJM will be the source/sink.

In order to avoid potential validation errors with the Book of Flowgate, the
following implementation strategy is proposed to transition the Book of
Flowgates and the IDC base case from their present configuration to the
configuration required for PJM WEST.

Before January 1, 2002:

Step 1)  In the Book of Flowgates, add "PJM" as a Control Area, Security
Coordinator and Transmission Provider to all flowgates that presently have "AP"
listed as a Control Area.

Beginning 1/1/02, PJM will be the Security Coordinator for AP.  For system
reliability it will be necessary for PJM to have the ability to call TLRs on AP
flowgates.  Adding "PJM" to these flowgates provides for a smooth transition
across the changeover period of late December and early January.  This should
not cause OATI validation problems as both 'AP' and 'PJM' are entities
registered control areas

On January 1, 2002:

Tags with 'AP' as either the Source or Sink will be denied; PJM is now the valid
source/sink.

After January 1, 2002:

Step 2)  In the Book of Flowgates, remove AP flowgates from ECAR area and add
them into MAAC area.  Flowgates get new MAAC region numbers.

Step 3)  In the Book of Flowgates, remove "AP" as a Control Area, Security
Coordinator and Transmission Provider to all flowgates where PJM was added as
such in Step 1.

Step 4)  In the IDC base case, move the 'AP' area into the 'PJM' area.

Step 5)  In the NERC Registry, remove "AP" as a Control Area, Security
Coordinator and Transmission Provider.

DSM