Subject: PJM West Implementation Delay to March 1, 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:34:32 -0800 (PST)

Transmission Customers:

Since FERC did not act on our September 11, 2001, PJM West compliance filing
(Docket No. RT01-98-000) at its December 19th meeting, Allegheny Power (AP)
will need to delay the start of the PJM West arrangement until March 1,
2002.  In order to accommodate the further delay in the start date, AP will
need to sell transmission service under the AP OATT and on the AP OASIS for
the month of February 2002.  To accomplish this, AP will do the following:

*	AP will attempt to call the Transmission Customers that have
"confirmed" point-to-point transmission service reservations on the PJM
OASIS for the paths that are not currently valid for PJM (AEP and DLCO) by
4:30 p.m. on December 21 to determine if they need comparable service on the
AP system.  If that is the case, AP will honor the "confirmed" reservations
and the PJM OASIS timestamps.
*	Yearly service that was not given the option to exercise roll-over
rights on the PJM paths (AP to PJM and PJM to AP) will be given the option
to extend that service through the month of February.  AP will attempt to
call these Transmission Customers by 4:30 p.m. on December 21.
*	ATCs for the month of February will be uploaded to the AP OASIS
starting at 8 a.m. on December 24.  The upload will include all valid AP
paths (AEP, PJM, VAP, FE and DLCO).
*	Transmission Marketing will post a message on the OASIS when the ATC
upload is started and when it is complete.
*	Transmission service beyond March 1, 2002, will continue to be sold
by PJM per the Interim Coordination Agreement that was filed with FERC on
February 12, 2001.
*	January 30, 2002, is the last scheduled FERC meeting in January.
If FERC does not act on our filing at that time, the start of the PJM West
arrangement may then be delayed until April 1, 2002.  Further information
will be provided at that time, if necessary.

AP regrets any inconvenience that this delay may have caused you.  AP will
continue to keep you up-to-date on the implementation of PJM West.  AP has
requested that FERC issue an effective date of the first day of the calendar
month which begins at least thirty days after the date on which FERC issues
an order.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call me
at (724) 838-6748 or the Transmission Marketers at (724) 838-6064.

Terri J. Grabiak
General Manager, Transmission Marketing
Allegheny Power
(724) 838-6748