Subject: FW: Alstom Power Awarded Contract for East Kentucky Power Co-op SCR Unit Addition, in an Advisory by Industrialinfo.com
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 06:25:55 -0700 (PDT)

Rika for emissions and outages reports.

The rest here they come the SCR outages are starting.

Eastern Kentucky power
plant. Construction of the new SCR unit supporting the 300 mega-watt
(MW) Spurlock No. 2 Power unit, will begin during their scheduled
8-week outage starting September 2001

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]@ENRON [mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent:	Thursday, August 09, 2001 4:02 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Alstom Power Awarded Contract for East Kentucky Power Co-op SCR Unit Addition, in an Advisory by Industrialinfo.com

Welcome to eMail News Delivery, a service from Business Wire.
Here is your Industrial Information Resources Inc. news release.
If you have received this in error please send a message to:
[email-masked]
with the following command in the body of the message:
 unsubscribe TX-INDUSTRIAL-INFO-RES
If you have questions about this service, please contact your
Business Wire Account Executive or [email-masked]

BW2012  AUG 09,2001       2:00 PACIFIC      05:00 EASTERN

( BW)(TX-INDUSTRIAL-INFO-RES) Alstom Power Awarded Contract for East
Kentucky Power Co-op SCR Unit Addition, in an Advisory by
Industrialinfo.com

    Business Editors & Energy Writers

	   HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 9, 2001--The following is an
advisory by Industrialinfo.com (Industrial Information Resources,
Inc.; Houston, Texas). East Kentucky Power Cooperative (EKPC)
(Winchester, Ky) awarded Alstom Power Incorporated (Windsor,
Connecticut) the engineering and construction contract for a Selective
Catalytic Reduction (SCR) unit addition at its Eastern Kentucky power
plant. Construction of the new SCR unit supporting the 300 mega-watt
(MW) Spurlock No. 2 Power unit, will begin during their scheduled
8-week outage starting September 2001. This new SCR unit will reduce
NOx emissions mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency's Clean
Air Act standards.
	   The addition of SCR's and other emissions reduction equipment will
become an expenditure that many power producers will have to deal with
as the deadline for meeting emission reduction standards grows closer.
	   Established in 1941, EKPC is a transmission and generation utility
that provides wholesale energy and distribution services to 17
cooperatives from its power plants and more than 2,500 miles of
transmission lines.
	   For more information on trends and upcoming construction
activities in the Power and Energy markets as well as other industrial
sectors send inquires to [email-masked] or visit us at
www.industrialinfo.com.

    --30--JB/na*

    CONTACT: Industrialinfo.com, Houston
             Britt Burt, 713/783-5147

    KEYWORD: TEXAS KENTUCKY CONNECTICUT
    INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY UTILITIES MARKETING AGREEMENTS
    SOURCE: Industrialinfo.com

For the best viewing of the news releases please
 use the following email settings:  Courier 10 point.
 -Notice of Copyright and General Disclaimer-
 (c) 2000 Business Wire. All of the releases provided by Business Wire
 are protected by copyright and other applicable laws, treaties and
 conventions. Information contained in the releases is furnished by
 Business Wire`s members who are solely responsible for their content,
 accuracy and originality. All reproduction, other than for an
 individual user`s reference, is prohibited without prior written
 permission.

- Notice of Copyright and General Disclaimer --
(c) 1999 Business Wire. All of the releases provided by Business Wire
are protected by copyright and other applicable laws, treaties and
conventions. Information contained in the releases is furnished by
Business Wire`s members who are solely responsible for their content,
accuracy and originality. All reproduction, other than for an
individual user`s reference, is prohibited without prior written
permission.