Subject: Re: Global Risk Management Operations
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:55:00 -0800 (PST)

Rick,

I read your memo regarding Global Risk Management Initiative.  I am sending 
you the
information regarding a related initiative on which I have been working last 
year and which
is moving now into the implementation stage. It's Enterprise - Wide Risk 
Management
and it's really an effort to measure business risks consistently across the 
company.
I hope my group can be helpful in designing the general approach to this 
problem.

Please, let me know what your thoughts are.

Vince

   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Rick Causey @ ENRON                           01/17/2000 06:04 PM

Sent by: Enron Announcements@ENRON
To: All Enron Worldwide
cc:  
Subject: Global Risk Management Operations

Recognizing Enron,s increasing worldwide presence in the wholesale energy 
business and the need to insure outstanding internal controls for all of our 
risk management activities, regardless of location, a global risk management 
operations function has been created under the direction of Sally W. Beck, 
Vice President.  In this role, Sally will report to Rick Causey, Executive 
Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer.  

Sally,s responsibilities with regard to Global Risk Management Operations 
will mirror those of other recently created Enron global functions.  In this 
role, Sally will work closely with all Enron geographic regions and wholesale 
companies to insure that each entity receives individualized regional support 
while also focusing on the following global responsibilities:

1. Enhance communication among risk management operations professionals.
2. Assure the proliferation of best operational practices around the globe.  
3. Facilitate the allocation of human resources.  
4. Provide training for risk management operations personnel.
5. Coordinate user requirements for shared operational systems. 
6. Oversee the creation of a global internal control audit plan for risk 
management activities.
7. Establish procedures for opening new risk management operations offices 
and create key benchmarks for measuring on-going risk controls.   

Each regional operations team will continue its direct reporting relationship 
within its business unit, and will collaborate with Sally in the delivery of 
these critical items. The Houston-based risk management operations team under 
Sue Frusco,s leadership, which currently supports risk management activities 
for South America and Australia, will also report directly to Sally.   

Sally retains her role as Vice President of  Energy Operations for Enron 
North America, reporting to the ENA Office of the Chairman.  She has been in 
her current role over Energy Operations since 1997, where she manages risk 
consolidation and reporting, risk management administration, physical product 
delivery, confirmations and cash management for ENA,s physical commodity 
trading, energy derivatives trading and financial products trading.  

Sally has been with Enron since 1992, when she joined the company as a 
manager in Global Credit.  Prior to joining Enron,  Sally had four years 
experience as a commercial banker and spent seven years as a registered 
securities principal with a regional investment banking firm.  She also owned 
and managed a retail business for several years. 

Please join me in supporting Sally in this additional coordination role for 
global risk management operations.