Subject: Bridge monitoring
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 07:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

We encountered a problem with the Sitara bridge this morning and it has 
uncovered the importance of Risk's involvement in watching this - especially 
during the morning hours.  The Sitara bridge failed at 10:35a.m.  and we came 
very close to missing our nom deadlines on several next day deals.  We 
(Product Control) do have a safeguard in place (our IT department is beeped 
if a deal stays in intermediate status for over 5 minutes), but we did not 
receive timely notification of this issue - it was at least 15 minutes after 
the problem started.  We have fixed that going forward - Jennifer Denny and 
Torrey Moorer will be beeped in addition to IT.  

We will continue to make every effort to watch the bridge; however, the Risk 
groups (or some designated individual(s)) must be watching this as well to 
ensure that any deals that fail are entered into the downstream systems on a 
timely basis, and primarily to alert us of any problems ASAP.  If anyone in 
your respective groups need additional training or assistance, please call 
Jennifer Denny at x35824 or Torrey Moorer at x36218. 

I have attached a file with the 35 transactions that were in intermediate 
status (just fyi)

Please call me if you have any questions.

Sheri
x36557