Subject: Re: Doorstep meeting - additional action steps
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike - thanks I got it eventually.

The only thing I would add at this stage would be under "Daily Management P&L 
and position reporting..."

"Key positional and valuation data delivered to corporate risk aggregation 
system ("RisktRAC") by a pre - determined time"

The form and content of that data I outlined in my last tome.

This will allow us to (amongst other things) get the positions aggregated and 
perform some level of assessment, and allow you folks to kill the spreadsheet 
you currently use to calculate VAR, because RisktRAC has the VAR engine.

DP

Mike Jordan
15/06/2000 13:44
To: John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Steve W Young/LON/ECT@ECT, Fernley 
Dyson/LON/ECT@ECT, Brent A Price/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Doorstep meeting - additional action steps

the missing attachment !!!!!!

Please note that these are the controls primarily associated with the Middle 
Office.
---------------------- Forwarded by Mike Jordan/LON/ECT on 15/06/2000 13:40 
---------------------------

Mike Jordan
15/06/2000 13:34
To: John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Steve W Young/LON/ECT@ECT, Fernley 
Dyson/LON/ECT@ECT, Brent A Price/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Doorstep meeting - additional action steps

From our meeting yesterday I noted the following additional action steps ( 
not recorded within report )

Immediate

Define a summary of fundamental controls on one page  - that can be reviewed 
on a cross functional basis ( Commercial, Commercial Support and RAC - the 
execute, control and review functions ) - timetable
draft summary schedule - done

Separately get business controllers and RAC management to rate each business 
by control point ( Red, Amber or Green ) by next Thursday and arrange joint 
meetings with Commercial on businesses that have a poor assessment or 
significantly different assessments - Action Mike Jordan and Steve Young

Others as soon as possible
Follow up on status of investment required for Weather business in Oslo - 
Action Mike Jordan 
Investigate reporting of trades not captured on trade date within DPR on a 
daily basis  - Action Mike Jordan 
Establish accountability for existing process for creating authorised trader 
list  - Action Steve Young
Change process for publishing authorisation list  - placing it on commercial 
bulleting board - and reference location within DPR - Action Mike Jordan 
Generate an update of status re Master ISDA - Action Steve Young and 
investigate possibility of flagging this status within GCP  - Action Mike 
Jordan 
Determine current EOL straight through process rate ( STP ) across bridges to 
risk management systems  - Action Mike Jordan 
Define summary information on Coal/P&P etc businesses for inclusion in DPR 
for supervisory review by John

Regards

mike