Subject: Fundamental operating standards
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

I attach below a one page summary of control standards which are believed to 
be fundamental. This summary, produced as a result of the Doorstep review, 
could be a 'yardstick' to benchmark our businesses - ie an aid to 
communication between Commercial, Commercial Support and RAC re the level of 
Operating Risk within each business and the region as a whole. Consequently 
it would be complimentary to the BRM process.

I hope to complete an efficient/judgemental assessment internally for all 
businesses in conjunction with RAC and present the findings to yourselves ( 
and /or your desk managers ) within the next week/10 days. The aim would also 
be to establish that the currrent action plans for Systems Development and 
Support resource allocation is appropriate. The assessment would be based on 
a traffic light scale ie

Green inherent risk less processes/controls gives a residual operational risk 
which is accpetable 
Amber  - watch out - residual operational risk is high and/or control trend 
is decreasing 
Red - stop now we have problem ( Helsinki equivalent ! )

Upon completion of the assessment I will book some time in your diaries

Regards

Mike