Subject: EOL Average Deal Count as of 12-31-00 (Year End Edition)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:43:00 -0800 (PST)

Notes for this Week's Report:

*  North American Gas has now decreased its overall average daily EOL deal 
count by about 500 trades a day since November.  There are now approximately 
2,633 trades a day in North American Gas alone which are being traded on EOL.

*  The Financial Desk in North American Gas has increased its average daily 
EOL deal count by about 45% since October, from 494 to 714 deals per day in 
November.  In December, the average daily EOL deal count was down 8%, from 
714 to 658 deals per day.  In addition, the average daily EOL volume has 
decreased steadily in December.

*  ECC Canada West Gas has decreased its average daily EOL deal count by 
about 46% since November, from 213 to 113 deals per day.  In addition, the 
average daily EOL volume has decreased about 40% since November.  However, 
the average daily Non-EOL deal count has only decreased by about 10% since 
November, from 88 to 79 deals per day.

*  US West Power has decreased its average daily EOL Deal Count by about 71% 
since November, from 187 to 54 deals per day.  However, the average daily 
Non-EOL Deal Count has decreased by only about 21% since November, from 171 
to 136 deals per day.  The average daily combined EOL and Non-EOL volume has 
remained steady.

*  US East Power has decreased its average daily EOL Deal Count by about 24% 
since November, from 167 to 127 deals per day.  However, the average daily 
Non-EOL Deal Count has actually increased by about 3% since November, from 
230 to 237 deals per day.  The average daily combined EOL and Non-EOL volume 
has increased by about 20% total.  These recent trends in Power may indicate 
a shift in on-line power transactions from EOL to our competitors.

*  LPG's has steadily increased its total monthly EOL deal count from 281 in 
September, 398 in October, to 444 in November.  In December,  LPG's appear to 
have levelled off with 449 deals completed in December.  The total monthly 
EOL volumes have increased similarly as well.

*  Coal trades have decreased significantly from the levels seen in October.  
The total monthly EOL deal count for November was only about 23% of the total 
in October.  The total monthly EOL deal count for December was only about 83% 
of the total in November.

*  Enron Metals trades done via EOL has risen by approximately 47% since 
November, from a daily average of 242 to a daily average of 357 for December.

---------------
The following files contain a graphical view of the average deal count and 
volumes per month by Commodity for EOL and OTC transactions since the launch 
of EnronOnline. This information is for comparative analysis only.  Do not 
update links when opening these files.  

AVERAGE DEAL COUNTS FOR COMMODITIES (excluding Global Products, which 
displays monthly totals)

NA GAS BREAKOUT BY REGION (Non-Averaged, including Volume and Notional Value)

If you have any questions regarding this breakout, please contact one of the 
following:

Torrey Moorer x3-6218
Matt Motsinger x3-5221
Pete Berzins x5-7597

Pete
EnronOnline