Subject: Re: London Risk Reporting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 01:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ted

David - Can I get a detailed breakdown of the time that each component part 
of the risk feed for London turned up ?

As to going forward  - I take on board your suggestion that our current 
trading position / direction requires us to rethink from first principals the 
feed process and the current critical path problems.

I will get back to you ASAP

Regards

Mike

   

From:  Ted Murphy                                                             
01/09/2000 17:19	

	                           

To: Mike Jordan/LON/ECT@ECT, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: London Risk Reporting

Well,
today (or rather yesterday) it happened.  We have been pushing our limits 
hard and the makets here have been very volatile.  We had a large increase in 
North American Natural Gas VAR due to the breaking apart the Rockies/SoCal 
basis correlation.  This am, we were attempting to get firm numbers on the 
effect on our corporate limits so that we could provide 
Jeff/Delainey/Lavorato/Buy/.... the information to make decisions whether or 
not to reduce positions.  The number was not firm until 11 am houston time.  
My understanding is that the Houston numbers were all in before 8 am and that 
we were waiting for London.  While I am sure that there are issues all around 
and I do not think that anyone Senior in Houston is even aware, let alone 
prepared to blame, I fear that this will not always be the case.  I think 
something needs to be changed in our process so that this can be avoided in 
the future.   

Please do not take this as a nasty-gram.  No one is cc'd or bcc'd.  I just 
think that it will be deemed unacceptable.
Any thoughts/comments?
Ted