Subject: Re: updates to processes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 05:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Rick,

Thanks for the update.  I appreciate your input as I do not know what your 
discussions with Rick Buy have been.  To address your points below:

1)  I agree that your team should be involved in the planning of each 
individual review although I am under the impression that Ted & Sally (by 
proxy Cassandra and I) would set the scope & timing of the reviews while your 
group would be looped in to the planning for each individual process.  If my 
understanding is incorrect, please let me know.  

2) I agree that it would be useful for everyone to attend all meetings.  
However, due to the limited time we have from arriving at the doorstep to 
delivery of the report to Ted and Sally, your group really has to be focused 
on completing the deal test.    We don't need three different people 
obtaining the same information at the same meetings.  If there has been a 
change in your group's role from what I originally understood (we need lower 
level people from your team who would be able to execute a deal test) , we 
may have to add additional resources to do the actual deal test to ensure it 
is done on time (by the time we leave the site). 

3)  Agreed - I'd like to hear what Donna and Mike Neeves have resolved as far 
as the database is concerned before we meet again.

Best regards

Shona

To: Shona Wilson/NA/Enron@ENRON
cc: Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Cassandra 
Schultz/NA/Enron@Enron, Lynn 
Bellinghausen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Donna Lowry/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: updates to processes  

Shona:  Thank you for your memo.  I think it is a good idea to define roles 
and responsibilities and I appreciate the fact  that you have taken the 
initiative to do so.  However, I do have the following comments:

1) I have some accountability to Rick Buy for the success of this effort, 
therefore I (or my designee) need to be involved in Doorstep pre- planning 
and post-mortem.  I will be involved in reviewing the final report before 
presentation and will attend  the meeting when the report is presented to Buy 
and Causey.

2) I realize that  in the interest of getting a review done timely it is 
sometimes necessary to "divide and conquer".  However, where logistically 
possible, I believe that it makes sense for my people to be involved in 
meetings held with Commercial personnel.  This facilitates understanding 
operations, document flow, points of contact, report writing as well as 
furthering our goal of educating "multi-functional" people so that we can 
continue to reduce the resources necessary to perform these reviews.

3) There are still some detailed issues that need to be clarified regarding 
the database.  Let's schedule another meeting with Cassandra and Donna.

Please let me know if you have any questions,         Regards,       Rick