Subject: Doorstep - Settlements
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Shona,

Thanks for the update - I was out late last week for the RAC Conference.

Although the urgency of the situation was stressed when requesting this 
information, we followed up with an email on October 10 to Dan Houston 
(attached below) when it appeared that they would not be able to provide us 
with the information - the email gives an overview of the project and 
stresses the urgency that we obtain the documentation.

As you note that the information was there, have you already completed this 
portion of the deal test?  If not, and you would like for us to complete it, 
would you have the documentation sent to me at 3AC1904?

I have not heard anything from Pam regarding a meeting, but today looks 
good.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be in L.A.

Thanks, Shona,
Ken
---------------------- Forwarded by Kenneth Horton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
10/23/2000 07:19 AM ---------------------------

Kenneth Horton
10/12/2000 02:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
cc:  

Subject: Doorstep - Settlements

Dan,

The RAC group is currently involved in project Doorstep, which includes a 
review of Enron's trading activities worldwide.  Part of the review includes 
a deal test for each office,  in which we follow a transaction from inception 
through the settlements process.

Kyle Gibson has helped us with the settlements by providing some invoices and 
G/L entries for selected transactions.  In fact, given the deadline Kyle 
indicated to us regarding his own group's close, we reduced the deal 
population in half with the hope of concluding our testing by today.  We 
understand that the monthly close will prevent Kyle from helping us any 
further until tomorrow at noon at the earliest, and that he will be absent 
this afternoon.

Given the large number of trading offices worldwide, each "Doorstep" is of 
very short duration.  In fact, part of the testing evaluates the ability of a 
group to pull together all of the supporting documentation for a selection of 
deals within a short time frame.  Given the "short fuse," we must finalize 
our report tomorrow at the latest, and present it on Monday to Sally Beck, 
Ted Murphy, Rick Buy, and Rick Carson among others.

It is important that we be able to mention in this report that the 
settlements group is able to gather this information quickly for a small 
number of transactions (10 overall - although some information has already 
been provided by Kyle).  Are there any other resources in your group who 
would be able to help us meet this deadline?

Thanks, Dan,
Ken
---------------------- Forwarded by Kenneth Horton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
10/23/2000 07:19 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Shona Wilson @ ENRON                           10/19/2000 12:46 PM

To: Kenneth Horton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Leslie 
Reeves/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Cassandra Schultz/NA/Enron@Enron, Lynn 
Bellinghausen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Pamela 
Sonnier/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rebecca Phillips/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Portland doorstep report - finding followed up on

Dear Ken, Leslie,

It looks like we have gotten to the bottom of the missing documentation (it 
was there, it was quickly available, Ken did talk to the right people but 
they did not see the urgency of getting the information to Ken).  As a 
result, I think we have to rewrite the information related to this issue in 
the Portland report.  Let's get together for 15 minutes today/tomorrow to 
draft a rewrite of these areas.  

Just as a side note, we need to wait until the report has been changed before 
we share the information with Portland.

Pam - could you organize Ken, Leslie and I getting together?

Thanks

Shona