Subject: Legal, Credit, Backoffice Update for Mexican Counterparties
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello guys, first of all thanks all of you for your great help and specially 
lately since volumes in Mexico are really picking up....
I am sending you the list of pending To Dos with our counterparties in 
Mexico...Hopefully with your help, we can start shrinking this list...
Thanks also for your time yesterday, and I think it was great to put all 
these items together and have a specific plan of attack for the upcoming 
weeks.
I propose that we get together next week to follow up on this list of pending 
items and evaluate if it is shrinking or not. 
Kind regards. 

Bill, Mark, Sally  and Max as you all know, the volumes of trades going on in 
Mexico, are increasing very rapidly.  Today, we are doing transactions with 
around 50 different counterparties, and have passed the 55 Bcfs of gas mark, 
while we are trying to put Master Agreements in place, and also working very 
intensively with Credit setting up and evaluating many companies that are not 
public.  The Mexican market is " In diapers" in terms of risk management, and 
we are trying very hard to open it up, create awareness, and bring volumes to 
Enron. 

As of last September, Enron was the second largest energy risk management 
trading company in Mexico, second to the state monopoly Pemex.  Today, we can 
tell that our volumes are 250% larger than those in september and most 
probably we are by now the leading risk management company in our country.  
Moreover, for many of our customers, these have been their first transactions 
and because of that we need to make an extra effort to ensure that the day to 
day operations run as smoothly as we can. 

I am sending you a copy of what we have to work on, so that you are in the 
loop, and are aware of the resources that this market is demanding us right 
now.

Thanks for your support and I'll keep you posted. 

Jaime Williams
Risk Management
Enron de Mexico