Subject: global standards task force - status and going forward
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:13:00 -0800 (PST)

I thank you all for volunteering to be members of the global standards task 
force.  To keep you up to date on what is going on:

I am receiving sporadic reporting from most groups. 
I have hired someone to be dedicated to this process (starting 1/1/01 - until 
then, it is me and one person starting 12/11 who can dedicate some time)
The key focus is report A01 and getting that consolidated - I am taking a 
stab at it today.
I am meeting with an Access programmer to develop a reporting tool to replace 
the current Excel format
By the end of the year my goal is to have daily reporting from all groups, to 
have someone dedicated to review this daily reporting and raise issues, and 
to have a dedicated IT person developing the Access database, to have weekly 
consolidated reporting for A01, to determine the appropriate time frames for 
reporting escalation and audience

What I would like the task force to concentrate on is to:
Help review the individual reporting to determine if:
It is adequate
Where we should go from the current reporting guidelines
Decide on appropriate audiences and levels for issue communication
Decide on reporting formats
Steer the process

I will send you copies of the reporting for the next couple of days so you 
can get an understanding of what I am receiving and the problems people are 
having.  Let me know your thoughts and concerns and I will consolidate them 
and then we can discuss them as part of the task force.

Best regards

Shona