Subject: Re: Authorised Traders : Montreal & Chicago
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 23:58:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Andy,

Thanks for the e-mail.  What does internally mean?

To: Bjorn Hagelmann/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Shona 
Wilson/NA/Enron@Enron, David Port/Market Risk/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mike 
Jordan/LON/ECT@ECT, Robert Soeldner/LON/ECT@ECT, Tim 
Poullain-Patterson/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Authorised Traders : Montreal & Chicago

Bjorn

As discussed, given Joe's comments below, a note to confirm that this being 
dealt with internally. 

Rob Soeldner has made it clear to Joe that:

Enron places great importance on trading controls. These are non-negotiatable.
The suggested course of action is not an option 
We aren't seeking to close any of the Agency offices given implemetation of 
these controls.

Joe is not in yet - Rob will be discussing with him further when the US gets 
in.

Of note - Joe is on the commercial side,  Marcelo Parra who is responsible 
for the operational side is fully onboard for the operational changes made.

Regards
Andy

---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Cornfield/LON/ECT on 09/11/2000 
11:07 ---------------------------

Joe Robertson@MGUSA
08/11/2000 20:38
To: Tim Poullain-Patterson/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Andrew Cornfield/LON/ECT@ECT, Lloyd Fleming/LON/ECT@ECT, Marcelo 
Parra/NYC/MGUSA@MGUSA, Michael Farmer/EU/Enron@ENRON@ECT, Naomi 
Connell/LON/ECT@ECT, Robert Soeldner/LON/ECT@ECT, Sam 
Hainsworth/EU/Enron@Enron@ECT 

Subject: Re: Authorized Traders : Montreal & Chicago  

As a practical matter the procedures outlined are not workable. We need to 
find a way to go forward that works and can satisfy all concerned. 

Either the people in these offices can be entrusted to transact and execute 
business or we should consider closing these offices and relocating some of 
the people which I do not believe makes any sense at all. 

Joseph E. Robertson, Jr.
Enron Metals & Commodity Corp.
520 Madison Avenue
28th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 212.715.5254
Fax: 212.715-2357
E-mail: [email-masked]