Subject: Re: VAR Calcs.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:27:00 -0800 (PST)

The VaR calculation should now be accurate although we did experience some 
problems during the transition of the reporting.  We did not receive access 
to the necessary systems before the transition date.  After reviewing the 
existing East Power hierarchy within RisktRAC, we determined that the 
portfolios were not properly defined to generate an accurate total VaR 
number.  It was then that RAC agreed  there were known problems they had been 
trying to resolve for some time.  We defined the necessary changes and 
submitted our requests to Risk Analysis and Reporting.  The fixes appear to 
have corrected those problems, and everything is in place on our side to 
provide the requested reports.  As needed in the future we may look to RAC to 
answer questions or send additional change requests to RA&R.  The transition 
would have been smoother if we were granted access to the appropriate tools 
at an earlier date and made aware of any known problems at that time.  Moving 
VaR reporting to our group has been and should continue to be a beneficial 
change because it is a direct product of the information we calculate on a 
daily basis.  Jenny.

   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Kevin M Presto                           01/19/2001 10:16 AM

To: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Stacey W White/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jenny Latham/HOU/ECT@ECT, Vladimir 
Gorny/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: VAR Calcs.

Could you please ensure that sufficient resources are dedicated to fixing the 
current VAR calculation problem as soon as possible.   Jenny, Stacey, and 
Vlady  are spending a significant amount of time trying to repair the VAR 
calc model, which is outside the scope of what we originally discussed in our 
meeting several weeks ago.

Your attention to get quick resolution to this issue would be greatly 
appreciated.

Thanks Sally.