Subject: Project Sunrise
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 03:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Please note that the ETS representative is Dave McEllin.  Sorry for the 
error. 
---------------------- Forwarded by Jan Johnson/GPGFIN/Enron on 11/14/2000 
10:11 AM ---------------------------

Sharron Westbrook

11/14/2000 09:53 AM
To: SAP FICO-Tax@Enron, Enron Hyperion Users, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tod A 
Lindholm/NA/Enron@Enron, Shawn Kilchrist/NA/Enron@Enron, Terrie 
Wheeler/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, Melissa Allen/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: James Saunders/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Wes Colwell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Fernley 
Dyson/LON/ECT@ECT, Jeffrey E Sommers/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Howard Selzer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Keith 
Marlow/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Brent A Price/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kent 
Castleman/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael K Patrick/NA/Enron@Enron, Kevin 
Hughes/HOU/EES@EES, Dave Gunther/NA/Enron@Enron, Mark E 
Lindsey/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, John Echols/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Melissa Becker/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Bob 
Butts/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, Mark Frank/HOU/ECT@ECT, Susan 
Bellinghausen/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Jan 
Johnson/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: 

Now that we have implemented SAP, the BUs have come together to form teams to 
fill the gaps and explore opportunities to make more efficient use of SAP in 
the areas of Financial, Human Resources and Global Sourcing.  Melissa Becker 
will coordinate the efforts of the various teams.

The Financial teams, including process leveraging (with Jan Johnson as lead) 
and reporting (led by Mark Frank), will be working together over the next 6 
to 12 months since their objectives touch or overlap in many areas.  
Together, this effort is Project Sunrise.  The teams will be gathering 
information from accounting personnel in each BU about key information needs 
and key processes, to identify opportunities that would benefit all BUs as 
well as to identify BU-specific opportunities that the BUs may wish to pursue.

The teams' objectives are to work with the BUs to:

1. Create better, more user-friendly reporting capabilities
A. Implement short term measures to address current "hot" reporting issues 
(e.g., labor distribution and project management) (Susan Bellinghausen is 
spearheading this effort.)
B. Develop and implement medium term measures to improve access to 
information (e.g., data warehouse with web-based access)
C. Develop and implement longer term web-based tool addressing 4 key areas 
(costs, P&L, counterparties and cash)
2. Improve processes to provide better quality, more timely information
A. Implement process changes required to execute reporting objectives
B. Shorten close process
C. Improve basic "blocking & tackling" related to controls 
D. Share best practices among BUs

Representatives from the BUs working on these two teams will be:

Steve Thatcher  ENA
Caroline Lothian Europe
Joe Darensbourg International regions
Howard Selzer  International regions
Steve Frazier  EES
Madeline Chan  EBS
Dave Wittenburg ETS
Jill Erwin  Corp Acctg and EGF

The following are subject matter experts (SMEs) in various BUs and functional 
groups who will spend varying amounts of their time in addressing specific 
issues.

James Weitekamp ETS (planning)
Sayed Khoja  EGM 
Allen Ueckert  International regions (project systems)
Glenn Kobes  Tax
Brandee Sanborn ISC

We will continue to identify others who will share their expertise.

The following people will be working specifically on data warehouse and 
web-based reporting initiatives:

Beverly Fennesey ISC 
Li Chan   ENA
Pat Cagney  EES

The teams will begin by interviewing persons identified by the CAO of each 
BU, to determine their information needs and to review their processes, while 
continuing to develop the data warehouse and creating the web-based reporting 
tool.  The efforts of the process leveraging and reporting teams are vital to 
our being able to quickly obtain key information to run our businesses.  I 
appreciate all of your efforts to date with regard to SAP and now, Project 
Sunrise.  The ultimate success of these efforts depends on all of us working 
together to learn to fully utilize and optimize the new tools we have 
available to us.  Thanks again for all your help.