Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:23:00 -0800 (PST)

I had this discussion with Scott and Beth several months ago - in the 
Doorstep - "enpower" is a metaphor for a risk management system that isn't an 
abomination (which was the current state at the time).  Have they made 
improvements to said abomination that are acceptable for the current level of 
business. Enpower seems to be acceptable to all.  Clearly, my appetite for 
supporting more risk on an inferior platform is close to zero.  More 
importantly in the global competition for capital of all kind, the standard 
is not controlled spreadsheets, i.e., last time I spoke to Peter Lynch, Jim 
Rogers, and Archie McCallister, they were on more sophisticated platforms 
with infinitely more functionality.
Peace an Love
Ted

   

From:  Bjorn Hagelmann                                                        
     11/16/2000 05:24 PM	

	                           

To: Shona Wilson/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Cassandra 
Schultz/NA/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power

Since this was a fix to a Doorstep finding, how do we react?
---------------------- Forwarded by Bjorn Hagelmann/HOU/ECT on 16/11/2000 
17:25 ---------------------------

	
	From:  Scott Mills                           14/11/2000 13:46

To: Michael Guerriero/SA/Enron@Enron, Julian Poole/SA/Enron@Enron, Remi 
Collonges/SA/Enron@Enron, Julie Ramos/SA/Enron@Enron
cc: Trang Le/HOU/ECT@ECT, Martha Stevens/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sarah 
Smith/Corp/Enron@Enron, Laura Feldman/SA/Enron@Enron, Xochitl 
Figueroa/NA/Enron@Enron, Bjorn Hagelmann/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power

Lavarato has stopped efforts for implementing Enpower in South America until 
business activity increases enough to support it.

Based on below, we will start looking for someone with strong Access/Excel 
knowledge to come up with a different solution.  Everyone will have to 
regroup and determine next steps and look at revised timelines.

SRM (x33548)
---------------------- Forwarded by Scott Mills/HOU/ECT on 11/14/2000 01:36 
PM ---------------------------

	Enron Technology
	
	From:  Steve Nat @ ENRON                           11/14/2000 01:31 PM

To: Duong Luu/HOU/ECT@ECT, Trang Le/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power

FYI...

---------------------- Forwarded by Steve Nat/Corp/Enron on 11/14/2000 01:12 
PM ---------------------------
Beth Perlman @ ECT   11/14/2000 11:53 AM

To: Richard Burchfield/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Nat/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: John J Lavorato/Corp/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power  

I discussed this with John Lavorato who is now responsible for this.  He said 
don't do anything!  When their  volumes increase we can address the Enpower 
implementation again.

Beth

	Richard Burchfield
	11/08/2000 08:17 AM
		
		 To: Steve Nat/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Beth Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: EnPower production - Argentina Power

Steve,
 Come by my office to discuss.

Richard

   
                        	
	Enron Technology
	
	From:  Steve Nat @ ENRON                           11/08/2000 08:07 AM

To: Richard Burchfield/HOU/ECT@ECT, Beth Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Trang Le/HOU/ECT@ECT, Duong Luu/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: EnPower production - Argentina Power

Richard / Beth,  We have been asked by risk to get Argentina started on 
EnPower.  Are you OK with us moving on this?  A couple things to consider...

Our instance strategy for EnPower is determined by geographic location 
(bandwidth), volumes, and market similarity (functionality).  Based on this, 
I want to set South America up on their own instance.  EnPower will have the 
following instances long term:  EUR, US, CND, SA, AUS, JPN, IND.  We will 
continue to pursue a common code base and logical data model.

There is additional time and cost associated with setting up a new instance, 
however, I am concerned about continuing to pile new business units into a 
production environment that will eventually need to be split.

Glad to discuss...  Please respond quickly, as we are waiting to pull the 
trigger on this...

Steve

---------------------- Forwarded by Steve Nat/Corp/Enron on 11/08/2000 07:32 
AM ---------------------------
From: Duong Luu@ECT on 11/07/2000 01:06 PM
To: Steve Nat/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Richard Burchfield/HOU/ECT@ECT, Beth 
Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: EnPower production - Argentina Power

fyi

----- Forwarded by Duong Luu/HOU/ECT on 11/07/2000 01:05 PM -----

	Trang Le
	11/07/2000 12:53 PM
		 
		 To: Duong Luu/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Martha Stevens/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sarah Smith/Corp/Enron@Enron, Juana 
Fayett/Corp/Enron@Enron, Jana Morse/Corp/Enron@Enron, Scott 
Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Elwood/HOU/ECT@ECT, Samuel Schott/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: EnPower production - Argentina Power

Duong,
Per our phone conversation, below is the list of people that would need 
access to EnPower production. 

User Names:   NT ID:  Extension:
Scott Mills   SMills  x3-3548
Martha Stevens  MSteven x3-4742
Sarah Smith   SSmith  x3-0997
Juana Fayette  JFayett  x3-0992
Jana Morse  JMorse  x6-8265
Trang Le  TLe1  x3-6996

Currently, the Argentine Power group has in total about 20 physical forward 
deals  which will be done under Enron Comercializadora De Energia Argentina 
S.A.(Co. 027W) and one financial deal which will be done under Enron North 
America (Co. 0364). Given the fact that we'll also have deals on ENA, I would 
think that we could be on the Houston server. Just let us know.  
In the mean time, we'll be working with the various Global groups to have the 
proper desk, portfolio, facilities etc.... set up.

Thanks for your help,
Trang x3-6996