Subject: models project
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:08:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mechelle,

Although I am still somewhat confused about goals and deliverables of the 
model project that we discussed last week, I thought I would share some 
information with you that may help you better scope this project.  As I 
currently understand it, AA wants to ensure that all databases, spreadsheets 
etc are inventoried.

Currently, risk management is incharge of setting up curves and books in the 
source systems. We are responsible for setting up the relevant curve/book in 
RisktRAC.  We have no access to the source systems. We are changing this 
process by: 

Instead of being inserted in the middle of the process we are working with IT 
to transfer over the responsibility of establishing curves and books in the 
source systems to ourselves.  At the moment we are concentrating on ERMS, 
then will work with EnPower, and lastly, exotic spreadsheets.
We are developing a process to validate all new curves the day they are 
created.
Our global exception reporting captures books & deals that do not make it 
into any of the VAR, credit, or DPR.
An inventory of active books in the RAC website (which all risk management 
personnel have access to) is being created.  This is a short term fix until 
the counterparty book library initiative can meet our needs (not before 
March).
We are putting a tool together to track all of the book requests. 

I'll keep you updated on our progress.  

Best regards

Shona