Subject: FW: Minutes from Back Office Services meeting held morning of 3-12
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 06:57:00 -0800 (PST)

FYI   -- just so you can see what went on this week, when you return.

Beth

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Philipson, Fred  
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 1:57 PM
To: Apollo, Beth; Neuner, Dale; Thomas, Sheri; [email-masked]'
Cc: Scribner, James; Jafry, Rahil
Subject: Minutes from Back Office Services meeting held morning of 3-12

All:

Here's a summary of our meeting this morning.  As we begin to lay the 
groundwork for this project, I think it's important to summarize our thoughts 
and activities in writing.  If any of you have comments or corrections, 
please feel free.

Thanks,

Fred Philipson
5-9323

Minutes from Back Office Services meeting held morning of 3-12
Attending:
James Scribner	Trans Support		Sheri Thomas	Trans Support
Beth Apollo	Trans Support		Dale Neuner	Trans Support
Jennifer De Boisblanc	Trans Support		Fred Philipson	ENW Origination
Objective
Enron is sizing up the opportunity to offer internal back office processing 
services to external clients. Objective of this meeting was to understand the 
spreadsheet meant to estimate the potential P&L for this offering.
Overview
Looked at spreadsheet for validation:
? Need to better determine the actual market for this service.
? Need to better understand the current revenue and expense projections and 
assumptions, expanding on them to include customers not currently with Enron.
Ongoing:
Defining the size of the market:
? There may be three +levels, of markets for these services - one for energy 
risk mgt. ops (attack first), a larger market if we include global market 
offerings, and yet a larger market if we think of our offering as transaction 
processing, ala ADP.
? There are a number of ways to derive the potential market size.  The 
current spreadsheet identifies existing customers.  Some may be seeking our 
services based on their current and projected deal volumes.  
? Fred will continue to analyze the market size(s), adding customers outside 
of current EOL spectrum.
? Fred will analyze the offerings and pricing structures used by competitors. 
? Sheri will get with internal data owners to (in)validate current 
spreadsheet numbers and identify customers with high year-over-year increases 
in EOL transaction volume.

Expenses
? James will take a harder look at the expenses.  We wonder if number of 
transactions is the best method to use.  What is the real cost driver?  Where 
are the +breaking points,, or transaction levels where we must invest further 
to offer services to additional customers?

Strategy
? Beth Apollo will schedule a meeting with Beth Perlman, Jenny Rub, Rahil, et 
al to discuss ongoing big picture.
? Beth will also schedule a meeting with Mark Taylor, to include Rahil and 
Dale.  They will discuss points on the service level agreement that we will 
use with our external customers.