Subject: Unify Financials Update And Go-Forward Cut-Over Calendar
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 01:26:00 -0800 (PST)

A quick update on a major milestone for the Unify effort, the critical 
success factors and the plan for the Gas and Power deliveries. 

First, the good news --- We rolled out the new Unify Financials system on 
Monday. The rollout so far is very nearly a flawless success. Only 2 small 
bugs have been identified and both were fixed within 1 day. The users in 
Houston and London have commented that the system is noticeably faster. This 
system was delivered 4 weeks ahead of the original schedule that we published 
in early January. For a project of this size and complexity, this is great 
news and bodes well for the next 2 major milestones.

We're not out of the woods yet. Our biggest and most risky rollouts are a few 
weeks away - Power and Gas. 
Even so, as we look ahead, we are very optimistic. Based on our empirical 
load testing, we believe that we can now deliver incremental performance 
increases and long-term scaleability far beyond what the legacy architecture 
would support. Reliability and stability should continue to increase beyond 
the recently improved performance we've gotten from the new legacy hardware. 

This milestone success is due to the following critical factors: 

? Strong Executive IT sponsorship and participation (Special thanks to 
Philippe Bibi, Beth Perlman, Jenny Rub, Bob McAuliffe, Richard Burchfield)
? Strong Executive User sponsorship and user participation (Special thanks to 
Sally Beck, Bob Hall, Leslie Reeves, Sheila Glover, Cindy Horn, Peggy 
Hedstrom and Laura Scott)
? Adoption of a risk-managed delivery methodology based on detailed planning 
and a phased delivery approach
? A talented Enron delivery team with great technical skills and the 
dedication to work nearly every weekend for the last 2 months (and the next 
2) 
? Exemplary partnering between the Infrastructure, Application, DBA and User 
teams 
? Uncompromising commitments to team success from the vendors (Special thanks 
to Microsoft, Accenture, Compaq, Avenade)
? Focused project management (Special thanks to Ramesh Rao, Dale Potter, Mike 
Croucher and Jim Ogg). 

The attachment below provides a calendar of activities for everything that's 
happening between now and mid-May. Power will go live on April 23 and Gas 
will go live on May 21. The user bid-week simulation and performance tests 
for gas begin next week. As the calendar below shows, the team is fully 
occupied for the next 2 months. 

Livelink:  
http://edms.livelink.enron.com/ena/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=8743122&objActio
n=browse&sort=name

Thanks to everyone for their help in achieving this milestone as well as your 
continued support as we push to deliver Power and Gas with the same level of 
success. Please communicate our gratitude to each member of your respective 
teams.