Subject: Global Entelligence Status
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:50:00 -0800 (PST)

Just wanted to let you know a few updates:

1) We have a full IT team now ready to go.  We are going to prototype the 
first window, Market Penetration.  The prototype will give us something with 
sample data to show various traders to get additional feedback on 
functionality.   Hopefully, we will have something in 2 weeks.

2) The previous cost estimates still stand until we have more feedback from 
the prototype.  The estimates are $1.6M for phase I and $1.6M for remaining 
phases.

3) Included in the cost estimate is a figure of $ 389K for the purchase of 
customer prospect data from Dun & Bradstreet.  The $389K is an O&M expense 
amount that was not included in the 2000 budget.  This amount combined with 
other amounts ENA did budget for or will spend with D&B results in an overall 
budget impact over the next 12 months of $278K.

I spoke with George Wasaff in Strategic Sourcing this morning at the request 
of Philippe Bibi.  George has some ideas for negotiating a better deal from 
D&B.  Either he will get more customer records for the price or negotiate 
better terms for a longer term on the recurring contract with D&B.  This 
could take some time and push us late on getting the data scrubbed and ready 
to go for implementation.  I believe I can give George some time to try 
something, but when it comes down to it, $389K isn't that much money.  
Therefore, I suggest that if we don't have anything negotiated in the next 
three weeks, we sign the current proposal from D&B and move forward.    D&B 
is currently threatening (a negotiation tactic, I think) to pull their 
development resources off of this project until they receive a signed 
agreement.  In the event this comes to pass and adversely impacts our 
delivery of Global Entelligence, we can provide a letter of intent to keep 
them moving or sign the proposal at that time.

Give me a call at 3-6079 if you have any comments on any of the above items.