Subject: Re: EOL for Japan
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 02:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Sally,

Please see the below as an fyi.  Who is your point of contact for Japan?

Thanks,

Kevin
---------------------- Forwarded by Kevin Sweeney/HOU/ECT on 04/03/2000 09:25 
AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.
	
	From:  Carol Chew                           04/03/2000 01:49 AM

To: Tim Poullain-Patterson/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Tiong Hock Lim/SIN/ECT@ECT, Kevin Sweeney/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: EOL for Japan

Tim,

Just got forwarded this message from John regarding EOL commencing in Japan 
10-12 May and that all trades will be handled through Singapore books.  Could 
you please clarify?

Thanks
Carol

John Chismar@ECT
04/03/2000 05:24 PM
To: Joseph P Hirl/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc:  
Subject: Re: EOL for Japan  

1PM local is 11Am Sing - we can do that if you guys will call me on my 
handphone
65-9625-4647

John 

Joseph P Hirl@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
03/04/2000 14:13
To: John Chismar/SIN/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Re: EOL for Japan  

John,

I have an early call , but am free from 9-10 Sydney time (2 hours ahead of 
you).  I am then free again from 1pm local time onwards.  Do any of these 
times work?  If they don't then perhaps we can speak while you are in PI.

Joe

John Chismar@ECT
04/03/2000 05:10 PM
To: Joseph P Hirl/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc:  
Subject: Re: EOL for Japan  

Joe, just got back from a week's vacation in Dubai.  JT is now on vacation 
back in the states
and won't be back until Thursday next week.  I am off to the Phillipines 
tomorrow afternoon 
at 1pm and will be gone until Friday afternoon.  Could we do this first thing 
in the AM  tomorrow? 

John 

Joseph P Hirl@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
03/04/2000 11:28
To: John Chismar@ECT, John Thomas@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: EOL for Japan

As you are probably aware, we are looking at a roll out time for bringing the 
international commodities on EOL to Japan before the end of this month.  We 
have planned for a public rollout between 10-12 May.  The mailout for this is 
expected to be sent out the third week of April.

As all the products initially posted will be handled through the Singapore 
books, we need to make sure everything is in line.  We will not be offering 
any domestic products until probably third quarter.  Legal has been reviewing 
the nature and form of the Japanese law and has found that in its current 
form we should be able to roll out the system without too much difficulty.  
We will be using standard international contract forms which you would expect 
the cp's in Japan to be comfortable with.  In addition to your support for 
the range of petroleum products, Sydney will also quote your USD prices in 
Yen.  I spoke with Hickerson last week and they are making preparations for 
this.  With Sydney only 1 hour ahead, this allows Shane to provide real time 
support throughout the business day in Japan.

I would suggest that we have a call in the next day or so to further 
discuss.  Would tomorrow at 2pm Sydney time work?  I believe that this is 
noon your time?  If this doesn't work let me know so that we can adjust.

thanks,

Joe