Subject: Re: Doorstep meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:59:00 -0800 (PST)

Mike, 

Please find attached  a status and time line of doorstep issues identified by 
Shona Wilson and the RAC group.

Note that some specific implementation dates have not been provided by 
responsible parties a of today.  I have asked respective responsible parties 
for specific dates and will update schedule attached as I receive the 
information. 

Further note that IT drives many of our critical dates.  Since our last 
meeting we have been advised that any AS 400 system changes will not be 
considered top priority as the IT team will focus on the off balance sheet 
financing that must be in place by calendar year end.  Also, with the London 
SAP implementation pushed off until April 2001, the credit aggregation system 
will not be available until such time.

Please let me know if you have nay questions or comments to the attached. 

 

	Mike Jordan@ECT
	11/07/00 07:45 AM
		 
		 To: Shona Wilson/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Fernley Dyson/LON/ECT@ECT, Marcelo 
Parra/NYC/MGUSA@MGUSA, Tim Poullain-Patterson/LON/ECT@ECT, Andrew 
Cornfield/LON/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Doorstep meeting

Shona

Thanks for the meeting yesterday - I think the process does improve the 
transparency and accountability of issues raised. 

After the call I mentioned to Ted that the meetings might be 'more efficient' 
if the specific issues identified during doorstep visits - that underpin 
report comments - were validated by the direct controller on 'point' for the 
office/business - in this case Marcelo. Ted replied that no harm came from 
the current approach and to a certain degree I agree that it is good to get 
an immediate collective response to issues raised !However, I thought we 
could discuss this for future meetings ( it could be part of the 'how to do a 
doorstep review' that my guys requested so they are ready to do their 
individual reviews next year ) -will call later

Additionally, I thought I would confirm with you the actions I took down 

Marcelo and yourself to identify/communciate the specific control concerns 
identified that were not part of the core tasks transfered
Marcelo to add these to existing process efficiencies ( such as systems 
improvements etc ) and give a full timeline for all 'doorstep' issues
Tim to send details of outward bound Commercial instructions and to validate 
that no specfic exceptions have been recorded to date. 
Marcelo to validate that no existing business activities conflict 
systematically with the above instructions
All to prepare for full NY review so as to validate compensating controls 
exist and function in NY
Marcelo / Me to identify if any cultural issues are left from recent business 
communications on roles and responsibilities
Myself to ensure that doorstep issues are included within database and 
monitoring process ( on timelines ) happens

Will call later

Mike