Subject: Re: SAP Implementation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for this note Lou  - I will making a special effort to recommunicate 
this to the wider Metals group in London

Louis Colarusso@MGUSA
15/02/2001 16:28
To: Craig Brown/SAP Systems/LON/ECT@ECT, Rayees Moizuddin/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Charlotte McKinty/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sean Connor/LON/ECT@ECT, Mike 
Jordan/LON/ECT@ECT, Andrew Cornfield/LON/ECT@ECT, Marcelo 
Parra/NYC/MGUSA@MGUSA
cc:  

Subject: SAP Implementation

After a successful period 1 close by 1041 and 1123 I wanted to summarize the 
positives and negatives of the project in order to improve the process for 
the London Metals implementation.

Positives:

Seamless consolidation process with Enron worldwide

Common design allows users in North America to access key financial data to 
help control London Metals business
 accounts receivable
 accounts payable

Aging of accounts receivable for proper control monitoring

Profit Center report functionality for controlling of business by business 
group

Timing of close process in conjunction with Enron worldwide

Cost center control by category link by design to corresponding profit center

Cash control procedures utilizing the Treasury Work Station of Enron Corp.

Direct posting of intercompany accounts to reduce duplicate entries

Production of the Daily Profit Report direct from SAP utilizing the 
consolidation ledger

SAP trail balance controlled by the ledger owner agrees with the DPR by 
profit center

Negatives:

FIT 3 testing should be expanded in order to identify all types of business 
flows and to evaluate how they are being treated in SAP.  NY did a two day 
roll forward of equity which proved useful.  This type of testing could be 
expanded for the London companies.

Poor links of information between GCP system and TWS created many manual 
payments.
 This problem is being sorted out by a process outside the SAP implementation 
team.

Strict intercompany common design rules around intercompany relationships 
have created a difficult control environment.
 SAP intercompany meetings are being conducted to create a system that 
adheres to the common design   however allows better intercompany control 
features between broker and physical company.

A special thanks goes out to the SAP team who's continued dedication on this 
project has made it a success:
 
Charlotte McKinty
Craig Brown
Rayees Moizuddin
Sean Connor

Regards,

Louis Colarusso
Enron Metals & Commodity Corp
E-Mail: [email-masked]