Subject: Analyst Rotation Recommendation - Jody Crook
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 06:20:00 -0800 (PST)

Along with Mike McConnell, I am active in recruiting for Enron's Analyst 
Program at the University of Oklahoma.  We became involved in recruiting 
there two years ago when I learned about a targeted undergraduate program 
that seemed like it could be a good fit for our program.  OU transformed 
their old PLM (Petroleum Land Management) program into the Energy Management 
Program in the School of Business.  This undergraduate degree retains the 
geology, business law and other specialized classes that were part of the PLM 
program, but adds additional finance hours with a focus on derivatives and a 
trading floor course.  With the added plus of many of these students growing 
up in or around "energy" families in Oklahoma or Texas, I thought that 
recruiting top graduates from this program could be beneficial to Enron.  Our 
recruiting efforts at OU continue to be successful and our OU Energy 
Management graduates have done well at Enron.  

Our first hire from OU (and the top Energy Management student) was Jody 
Crook.  He joined the analyst program last February after a December 1999 
graduation.  His first rotation has been on my team, working as a risk book 
administrator in gas trading.  He is in the process of looking for a second 
rotation at the end of February, and I think that he is someone that you 
should consider for a rotation on your team.  In addition to this last year's 
risk experience at Enron, Jody worked as a landman for two summers for 
Burlington Resources.  

I was very involved in recruiting Jody to Enron.  I think very highly of him, 
and want to be sure that he has good rotations while in the Analyst program.  
His background and your business seem to be a good fit.  Please visit with 
Jody as he contacts your group about a rotation.  It will be well worth your 
time.  

Thanks.