Subject: Re: updates to processes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 04:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Shona:  Thank you for your memo.  I think it is a good idea to define roles 
and responsibilities and I appreciate the fact  that you have taken the 
initiative to do so.  However, I do have the following comments:

1) I have some accountability to Rick Buy for the success of this effort, 
therefore I (or my designee) need to be involved in Doorstep pre- planning 
and post-mortem.  I will be involved in reviewing the final report before 
presentation and will attend  the meeting when the report is presented to Buy 
and Causey.

2) I realize that  in the interest of getting a review done timely it is 
sometimes necessary to "divide and conquer".  However, where logistically 
possible, I believe that it makes sense for my people to be involved in 
meetings held with Commercial personnel.  This facilitates understanding 
operations, document flow, points of contact, report writing as well as 
furthering our goal of educating "multi-functional" people so that we can 
continue to reduce the resources necessary to perform these reviews.

3) There are still some detailed issues that need to be clarified regarding 
the database.  Let's schedule another meeting with Cassandra and Donna.

Please let me know if you have any questions,         Regards,       Rick