Subject: Unify statistics/performance over last few months
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:03:00 -0800 (PST)

FYI
---------------------- Forwarded by Philippe A Bibi/HOU/ECT on 03/09/2000 
05:02 PM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Dave Nommensen                           03/09/2000 03:57 PM

To: Inja Chun/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tommy J Yanowski/HOU/ECT@ECT, Philippe A 
Bibi/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Williamson/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Unify statistics/performance over last few months

Here are some statistics of Unify transaction, volumetric and CPU performance 
since December:

    Dec '99  Jan '00  Feb '00  Mar '00
Path count   4785  6325  8038  8227
 % change  n/a  32%  27%  2%

Peak Day Delivered Qty 15.4 Bcf  22.8 Bcf  20.3 Bcf  17.5 Bcf

This time period includes the Columbia Energy Services business during 
January as well as the Bridgeline merger during March.
The increase in paths from 4785 in December 1999 to 8227 in March 2000 
represents a total  transaction increase of 72%!
Over this same time period, CPU utilization has increased from the mid-teens 
to the mid-20s during 7am - 7pm peak interval (see graph below).
Real-time deal changes to Path Manager via Tibco was implemented on Jan 21.

We continue to monitor the Sybase performance on a daily basis and tune the 
application when possible.  We are also testing the new 64 bit version of 
Sybase 12.0 which was just released.  Although we have experienced some 
"stack traces" on this new Sybase server, we are experiencing improved 
performance in our initial application benchmark tests.  We hope to migrate 
to this new OS and Sybase release in April.

Regards, d.n.