Subject: Finalizing Prior Month Gas Invoice/Payment
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:52:00 -0800 (PST)

As you know, we have been experiencing very long processing times for Monthly 
Accounting Closing each month.  This problem is becoming increasingly worse 
each month because most of the prior months have un-finalized 
invoices/payments which require reprocessing this data each month (draft, 
reversal of last accrual and creating new accrual).   This condition goes 
back to Jan. 99 for Unify, Jan. 95 for pre-Unify PMAs, and becomes worse each 
month as more such items are accumulated. 

A few month ago, we discussed this situation and as shown below, not much 
progress has been made in finalizing prior month data in Gas business while 
better  progress has been achieved in Power settlement.  It is essential this 
be strongly addressed.  Otherwise, the system will soon be unable to process 
the Monthly Closing (mass draft & Closing) within a day.  It will be very 
helpful if you would prepare a plan to address this issue and attend a 
meeting on  Thursday (3/9) at 10:00 in EB2601 to discuss future actions.  
Thank you.

---------------------- Forwarded by Inja Chun/HOU/ECT on 03/02/2000 01:20 PM 
---------------------------

	Enron Technology
	
	From:  Regan M Smith                           03/02/2000 11:06 AM

To: Inja Chun/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Kenneth M Harmon/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: As discussed, below is the Mar-00 Accrual metrics, by delivery 
period.

Inja,

Below is the revised detail items which reflect the open items from less than 
July 99.  It compares from Jan1st metrics to March 1st metrics.
The load to Unify comes from the 2 angels below.  The Mass Draft has the 
concern of statements not finalized for those periods, which the back end 
accrual & reporting has
the increased load of line items.

Front End process 
Mass Draft Process (load) - whenever any statement has not been finalized for 
a prior delivery period, it has to redraft for those deals.  Hence, redraft 
for every deal for that counterparty.

Back End processes
Accrual Process - The accrual extracts on a line item detail, which is 
stored, and reported on various reports.
GL Month Process - The GL Month Report extracts on a line item detail, which 
is reported from the ACRL and PDCLS perspective.

GAS Summary:  
    No of Line Items    No. of Line Items
    July 99 & Prior Month    since July 99
 As of Dec-99   12,848    87,574
 As of Mar-00   10,802    123,694

 Growth/Reduction  <2046>    36,120

---------------------- Forwarded by Regan M Smith/HOU/ECT on 03/02/2000 08:30 
AM ---------------------------

	Regan M Smith
	01/01/2000 02:08 PM
	
To: Inja Chun/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Kenneth M Harmon/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: As discussed, below is the Dec99 Accrual metrics, by delivery period.

Inja,
As discussed, below is the Dec99 Accrual metrics, by delivery period.

Again, this increased history creates additional loads on:
mass draft process - having to redraft prior delivery periods
accrual process - increases the accrual time, reporting
retrieval, reporting, sending to MSA J/P.  Example, we are nearing 10,000 
line items alone of ACRL data for 016.
period close reversal - each month we send a offset reversal for every prior 
month accrual
overall data growth in detail tables to support prior months

This can be also seen by running the accrual reprint retrieve report, or the 
finalized transaction by gl month report (ACRL).

Regan