Subject: Re: SAP / Global/ Unify replication problem on Friday June 30th
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 03:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.  To complete our discussion on the  manual monitoring & also to clarify, 
see below.

Greg Whiting will call ENA whenever he enters more than a specified number of 
changes in the SAP T880 table. He will transition this procedure to the SAP 
COE.  What is the threshold that Global needs to be notified?  Who in Global 
should be notified?

To clarify, the verification is manual & is subject to human error, such as 
someone forgets or is on vacation.  If a large file is sent without 
notification during the day, the impact is significant.  I think moving the 
job to run in the evening will virtually eliminate the potential for this 
problem to occur again.  However, to eliminate the risk completely I suggest 
that the verification be automated.  You said that you'll have the ability to 
do this in global in a few months.  If you can't do it, then we (SAP) need to 
write an automated monitoring program.  

Regan M Smith@ECT
07/05/2000 08:53 AM
To: Jeff Johnson/Corp/Enron@Enron, Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT, Beth 
Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mark Schmidt/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
Randy Rippentrop/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Beverly Fennessy/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Susan S Marshall/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mark J 
Leskowitz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Theresa Shieh/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Louie 
Truong/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, Richard Elwood/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kenneth M 
Harmon/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jeff Johnson/Corp/Enron@Enron, Scott 
Williamson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jun Lu/HOU/ECT@ECT, Simon Sear/Corp/Enron@Enron, 
Kevin T Dinh/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dave Nommensen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Terry 
Sanvido/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Pamela Lebrane/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Chris 
Schomer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Bill D Hare/HOU/ECT@ect, Lana Yu/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Jaikishore Bharathi/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jim Ogg/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: SAP / Global/ Unify replication problem on Friday June 30th

On Friday June 30th, Unify's production performance was impacted by a large 
volume (30k) of replication/ configuration transactions from SAP.
The mass update from SAP to Global/ Unify effected Enron's business 
throughout the afternoon, causing contract replication to be delayed, and 
missed nominations.

Corrective actions taken to ensure this does not occur again:
Global Replication - Move the SAP to Global/ Unify replication for 
Intercompany from hourly to a nightly (1:00 am) process.  As we could miss 
new data setup dependencies, the volume is expected to be reduced.
SAP Support - SAP IT support will notify Global systems of any scheduled 
'rebuilds'/ mass updates to monitor/ move the schedule during an off-peak 
time.

Regan Smith, x39291
Manager, Unify Accounting
Unify/ SAP Interface