Subject: Open items for VAR disclosure
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:08:00 -0800 (PST)

From my review of Eugenio's consolidated VAR spreadsheet, the following 
listed items are those that are open that we           need information from 
you on.  I will send a separate email that will address ECM,PGE and affiliate 
information.  Corp. is looking to type the first draft of the Annual Report 
(to be discussed with the Audit Committee) THIS FRIDAY, so we need your help 
with this information as soon as possible.  If you will not be able to have 
all of the information to Eugenio by Thursday night, please let me know.  We 
may be able to give you some additional time to gather some of the smaller 
pieces.   If you need to forward this on to others, please do so.

AA if you know of any other issues of completeness that I have not addressed, 
please let Eugenio and I know!

*Why is Agg_ECT and Agg_ INDEX not available for January 1999?
*Is Cuiba in ESA's Nos.  Is it gas or power?  What month was it first 
included? Is that the trade month?
*When did Australia first have substantial activity?  For some reason, the 
spreadsheet has a June number, no July or August,      then September - 
December.  If the first half of the year has material activity, we need to 
get it from them.
*Has the Merrill peaker transaction been calculated yet (it was not 
originally in theDPR)?  We definitely have to have that for the Dec. number.
*Where is EES gas?  Is it in the AGG_ECT?  
*When did Kinneman's debt activity start?  The first VAR that we have is 
September.  Did it start earlier?
*Did ET&S first have financial hedges in May, that is the first number that 
we have?  Who should I talk to there?
*Is the June and September Rhythms number different that what we originally 
calculated for the second and third quarter?  June must be as I recall it was 
excluded at the time vs. the $24MM now showing.  Are the differences 
primarily due to the 100%+ volatility versus the 60%+ number that Stinson 
originally gave you? Have you asked him why he gave you what he did?  Please 
get Jill Erwin to help you revise the December number for Ghost.
*There is lots of missing numbers for Total Return Swaps.  Eugenio and Gail 
Tholen to determine which swaps were in place in which months of 1999 and run 
the appropriate models.  If different models will need to be used in 
different periods of the year for the same swap, lets get that information 
out to AA and Jan.