Subject: FW: Critical,OTHER,20010119,COLUMBIA GULF,007854581,Gas Quality Specifications - REMINDER
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:28:49 -0800 (PST)

fyi.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Critical,OTHER,20010119,COLUMBIA GULF,007854581,Gas Quality
Specifications - REMINDER

                       COLUMBIA GULF TRANSMISSION COMPANY                                    
                        NOTICE TO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES
                                DECEMBER 20, 2001

Re:  Gas Quality Specifications - REMINDER
Notice ID: 2435
5 - NO RESPONSE REQUIRED                          

REMINDER - The notice posted below is still in effect at least until the end of 
January 2002.

                 COLUMBIA GULF TRANSMISSION COMPANY
                  NOTICE TO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES
                        JANUARY 19, 2001

SUBJECT:  NOTICE TO PARTIES DELIVERING OR CAUSING GAS TO BE DELIVERED TO        
   COLUMBIA GULF TRANSMISSION COMPANY

Pursuant to Section 25.2(a) of Columbia's tariff, Columbia is providing notice 
of the imposition of the following additional gas quality specification on all 
shippers, interconnecting pipelines, producers, and receipt meter operators, 
and all other parties delivering or causing gas to be delivered into Columbia's 
system:

     All gas tendered under Columbia's tariff shall have a gross heating value  
    of no more than 1050 Btu per cubic foot.

This additional gas quality specification will be imposed two (2) business days 
after this notice is posted on Columbia's internet electronic bulletin board.  

In addition to complying with this additional gas quality specification, all 
parties delivering or causing gas to be delivered into the Columbia-operated 
Blue Water system on the Western Shoreline, the Southwestern Extension, or on 
the Header (west of the system null point) may be required to provide evidence 
to Columbia that such gas is being processed at the Blue Water Processing Plant 
to ensure that the composite gas stream at Egan, Louisiana has a gross heating 
value of 1050 Btu or less.  Evidence of the gas processing agreements may be 
required upon Columbia's request.  

Failure of a party to comply with the additional gas quality specification set 
forth above and to provide Columbia Gulf with evidence, upon request, of a gas 
processing agreement for gas delivered to the Blue Water system will result in 
Columbia Gulf refusing to accept gas from such party and to make corresponding 
redeliveries.

Imposition of this additional gas quality specification does not relieve any 
party delivering gas or causing gas to be delivered to Columbia's system from 
its existing obligations to comply with the gas quality specifications set 
forth in Section 25.1 of Columbia's tariff, to ensure the merchantability of 
the gas, and to ensure that gas has been properly processed before entering 
Columbia's system.

Columbia, pursuant to the terms of Section 25.2(a) of its tariff, is imposing 
this additional gas quality specification as it has determined, in its 
reasonable judgment, that harm to its pipeline system and its operations may 
occur if it receives gas on its system that fails to meet this additional gas 
quality specification.  Columbia reserves the right to revise this additional 
gas quality specification upon further analysis of the gas that is being 
received by Columbia and reevaluation of the potential harm to Columbia's 
pipeline system and its operations. 

You are further placed on notice that Columbia will hold you responsible and 
seek legal redress for any damages it incurs as a result of the higher Btu 
gas.

Any questions about this notice may be directed to Gary Espey, (713) 267-4761, 
or to John Pillion, (713) 267-4764.