Subject: PJM Transmission - How Deals are Entered into Enpower
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 04:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Guys,

We have been researching PJM transmission settlement and have found an 
inconsistency in how deals are settled in PJM and 
how they are getting into Enpower.

I would like to propose that any deal for transmission be entered into 
Enpower as documented below.  Please come to me if you 
have any questions.

Volume Management is attempted to set up a process to reconcile these volumes 
on a daily and monthly basis, so bear with us 
until the process is in place and everyone is up to speed.

Thanks,

Rebecca

PJM TRANSMISSION PROCEDURE

Every time an OASIS request is accepted in PJM a deal is entered into 
Enpower...  

 1)  with a demand volume equal to the amount reserved
 2)  demand price of $0.67
 3)  trans volume equal to the volume FLOWED (or expected to flow)
 4)  trans price of $0.48
 5) Comments with the PJM OASIS number for reference (buy and sell 
transaction ids if available)

Examples:

A) If EPMI reserve 100mw of transmission on peak for the whole month, but we 
are not sure if or when we are going to use it, enter 
demand volume of 100mw and trans volume of zero, and then when it is used 
change the trans volume in Scheduling to the amount 
that actually flowed.

B)  If EPMI reserves 50mw for HE8-12 and expects to use it, enter demand 
volume of 50mw and trans volume of 50mw, and then of it 
is cut change the trans volume in Scheduling to the amount that actually 
flowed.