Subject: Endangered Species Habitat Compensation Acreage
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:08:00 -0800 (PST)

I last week received word from the US BLM that Koch Oil failed to fulfill a 
condition in a right of way granted by the BLM in 1997.  Specifically, Koch 
failed to procure 29 acres of habitat compensation acreage.  It is now our 
(EOTT's)  problem, as we can lose this valuable right of way if we do not 
obtain this acreage.  Per the right of way, Coles Levee Ecosystem Preserve 
Credits will suffice for this purpose.  Can you please contact Mark Poe of 
Aera, who manages the ecosystem, and tell him we want to negotiate a purchase 
of 29 acres?  He should at least be able to tell you if there is acreage 
available, and for how much.  (Also, Aera has a standard contract for this, 
which you can send to me if you are able to strike a deal for the acreage.)  
Randi McCormick can provide additional technical assistance with this if you 
need it.  

 Of course, we also need to acquire acreage for the Rogas project, but I'd 
like to keep that as a separate transaction because, I will need to attempt 
reimbursement from Koch for this BLM acreage.

 Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks. --ETA