Subject: La Plata Fuel Consumption
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 04:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

Larry,
In the latest conversation with Harold Barth, a field engineer with Solar, we 
were told that the equipment data received last week was a best case 
scenario.  The fuel consumption rate was displayed in MMbtu/hr., and due to 
the heating value used, we should divide this number by .92 to get Scf/hr..  
When this is done, the rate that coincides with a 20 degree inlet temperature 
is 49.42 standard cubic feet per hour, which is slightly greater than what 
our permit says should be our maximum fuel consumption rate.  Harold also 
stated that achieving this rate on a daily basis is unrealistic, since these 
figures are based on new equipment in perfect condition.  Solar does not 
publish maximum fuel consumption figures, much like the auto manufacturers, 
since this is dependent upon site specific operating conditions.  He 
suggested that we add our 10% cushion factor to this data, and submit it to 
the State.  I'm sure that Harold would provide a written statement regarding 
the status of our equipment,  that could be used as documentation for the 
state, if you deem it necessary.  Let me know what you think!  Rich has 
suggested that we have a conference call to discuss possible solutions to the 
problem, so let me know.

        Thanks,
        Larry Harrell