Subject: Generator issues.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dave Conway.

Summarizing the issue as I can understand them.

1. Your problem.  Cat will have to change the units at Station 2 to 3512 to 
make the driver HP for 370 kw.  As I indicated we need to also make 
adjustment so that the emissions do not exceed that of the 3508 as presented 
originally on March 21.

2. My problem.  The EPA will only allow the generators to emit a cumulative 
tonnage that works out to be 7826 running hours a year.  To get the 8736 
hours that I need the generation (at both stations) I will need to reduce 
total emissions by about 11 percent.  Obviously, in the fully loaded 
condition were at, lower horsepower is not an option.

Need some way to work these two items out to a mutually agreeable solution.  
Don't know the effect on your systems (ie: the cat engines) if a catalytic 
system is installed or if this is better then revision to the clean burn 
units (which if I recall just makes the hp worse).  

I'd also like to keep the units at 2 and 3 similar, for spare issues and 
other items, but would need to have a good idea what this is costing before I 
can approve.  

The other issue is that I need to resolve this within two days.  I be in 
Phoenix tomorrow but will leave my cell phone on.  713-850-1725.  Otherwise, 
leave a message on phone mail.  Email will not be all that great.

Appreciate your help.
Byron