Subject: FW: ENRON-TRANSWESTERN/PARTICULATES
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

this was not the letter I attached to Shudeish

 -----Original Message-----
From:  [email-masked]@ENRON  
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 4:12 PM
To: Eisenstein, Arnold L.; Rance, Byron
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]
Subject: FW: ENRON-TRANSWESTERN/PARTICULATES

Byron,

Below is the letter I committed to provide Arnold this afternoon.  I see
that Vadim beat me to it by sending you an earlier email.  As a general
commentary, I would however, like to make the following clarifications on
the subject which ETS may find useful.

Particulate matter in the gas tubine exhaust comes from a variety of sources
and may include smoke, ash, corrosion and erosion products, condensable
hydrocarbons, inlet air particulates and particulates from the fuel and
injected water or steam when applicable.  In addition, SO3 in the exhaust is
generally trapped on a wet collection medium as H2SO4 and may appear as
particulates due to the measurement procedure.

Gas turbines are very clean burning and are not, in general, sources of
significant quantities of particulate emissions when burning good quality
fuels.  With distillate fuel containing less than 0.5% by weight, sulfur,
total particulates at high power are expected to be less than 0.6 lbs. per
1000 lb. fuel as measured by EPA Method 5.  Please note that the method used
for measuring particulate matter can have a significant impact on the
particulate level determined.  For estimating purposes, all particulates may
be considered to be in the size range less than 10 micrometers.

With pipeline quality natural gas, there is virtually no smoke and the fuel
contains no sulfur or ash.  As a result, total engine generated particulate
emissions are generally undetectable by EPA Method 5.  Due to other
particulate sources and the sensitivity of the measurement method, total
particulates with pipeline quality natural gas for the LM2500 are estimated
to be less than 3 pounds per hour assuming cleanliness levels for the inlet
air, fuel, and water/steam injection in accordance with GE requirements.

Regards, Jos,.

 <<Transwestern particulate emissions.pdf>>

 <<Transwestern particulate emissions.pdf>> 
 - Transwestern particulate emissions.pdf
 - Transwestern particulate emissions.pdf