Subject: Re: ADEQ permits: public hearing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:55:00 -0800 (PST)

Just to keep all permit information together, I spoke to Roger Kohn and he 
has sent to me the station 3 and 4 air permits.  We are now free to initiate 
construction at these two sites....

"Van Wolf" <[email-masked]> on 11/20/2001 01:59:21 PM
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: ADEQ permits: public hearing

As Larry has probably reported to you by now, the public hearing last night 
in Williams was accomplished with a satisfactory result. Shudeish had copies 
of the draft permits, which Larry reviewed and found satisfactory. 
Apparently, about three weeks ago, Prabhat Bargava left his DEQ position as 
Section Manager, Compliance, to take a position with a consultant, CH2M Hill, 
which is trying to start an air group in Arizona.
I just spoke with Shudeish about how soon the actual permits will be issued. 
He said that DEQ had to wait a few days after the November 23 close of the 
comment period (this was announced at the hearing) to allow mailed comments 
postmarked on Friday, Nov 23 to reach DEQ. He then said that he expected both 
permits would be issued middle to end of next week (by Nov. 30): he said he 
had to blend the EPA issues into the permits, but that was not problemmatic. 
Larry talked with Shudeish last night about the EPA issues, and that did not 
seem to be any difficulty.
I then asked Shudeish why the comment period was extended until Nov 23 when 
the rule states that the comment period is only 30 days long and the comment 
period opened by first publication on October 17. The public hearing also 
must be no sooner than 30 days after first publication, and that is why it 
was set for Nov. 19. Thus, even allowing for a couple of days after what 
should have been the close of comment period (Nov 19, because Nov 17 was a 
Saturday), the permits should be issued by the first of next week rather than 
the end of the week. Shudeish said he would check and get back to me.
I know this is only a couple of days difference (assuming the permits are 
issued by Nov 30), but I am sensitive to Jerry's urgency to get moving 
quickly, and I also want to lay some groundwork to object if actual issuance 
starts dragging.
Please let me know if you have any thoughts or comments.
Van Wolf

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential 
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named 
above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the 
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the 
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, 
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you 
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by 
telephone (602-382-6000), and delete the original message.  Thank you.

G. Van Velsor Wolf Jr.
Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
One Arizona Center
Phoenix , Arizona 85004-2202
602.382.6201 (direct)
602.382.6000 (main number)
602.382.6070 (fax)
[email-masked]