Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 03:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

David/Diane,

I am with you.  In fact, I sent these questions to outside counsel early this 
week because I simply have not had time to focus on them given everything 
else that is going on.  I expect an answer by early next week -- I hope 
Monday.  Sorry about not letting you know where this was . . . .

Michelle

	David O'Dell@ENRON
	06/09/2000 09:46 AM
		 
		 To: Michelle Cash/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Diane Taylor/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Michelle,

This is the second of 2 messages..   We have been trying to get a response on 
this since April, I understand you are very busy, as are we, is there someone 
you can assign to us to work on these issues?  Some type of response would be 
appreciated.

Thanks - David
---------------------- Forwarded by David O'Dell/HR/Corp/Enron on 06/09/2000 
09:42 AM ---------------------------

David O'Dell
05/30/2000 07:26 AM

To: Michelle Cash/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Michelle,

This is the second of 2 messages we are looking for your input on, can you 
advise when can we anticipate a response to Diane's questions?  At this point 
it is too late to make configuration changes for the 7/1 go-live but we 
wanted to get your feedback so that if we are not in compliance we can get 
the corrections on the schedule for post 7/1. 

Your assistance, as always,  is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - David

---------------------- Forwarded by David O'Dell/HR/Corp/Enron on 05/30/2000 
07:27 AM ---------------------------

Diane Taylor
05/09/2000 08:10 AM
To: Michelle Cash/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: David O'Dell/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Shawn Simon/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON 
Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Michelle,

Here is another question we need resolved as well. 

Thanks for your assistance,
Diane
---------------------- Forwarded by Diane Taylor/HR/Corp/Enron on 05/09/2000 
08:07 AM ---------------------------

Diane Taylor
04/24/2000 04:29 PM
To: Michelle Cash/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Ken Mueller/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janelle Stevens/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Shawn 
Simon/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON 
Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Michelle  - Can you review the following examples as well?  USO means 
unscheduled overtime, UPG means upgrade and the UO1 means Upgrade Overtime.
If I should be forwarding these to someone else, please let me know.

Thanks,
Diane

---------------------- Forwarded by Diane Taylor/HR/Corp/Enron on 04/24/2000 
03:56 PM ---------------------------

Diane Taylor
04/20/2000 06:00 PM
To: Ken Mueller/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Shawn Simon/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jarrod Haughn/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janelle 
Stevens/Corp/Enron@ENRON 
Subject: Re: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime  

See answers below in blue.  Shawn - can you please review as well.  The first 
example is a tough one.

Ken Mueller
04/11/2000 10:31 AM

To: Diane Taylor/HR/Corp/Enron@Enron, Shawn Simon/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Jarrod Haughn/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janelle Stevens/Corp/Enron@ENRON 
Subject: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Diane,

Regarding Example 2 below - The employee's time sheet from ETA in question 
was Christopher Tracy for Period 1-16 thru 1-31.

Thanks, 

Ken
---------------------- Forwarded by Ken Mueller/Corp/Enron on 04/11/2000 
10:24 AM ---------------------------

Jarrod Haughn
04/11/2000 10:00 AM
To: Diane Taylor/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Shawn Simon/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Ken Mueller/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janelle Stevens/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Upgrades on night shifts with overtime

Diane,

I.  We need help with the following:

1) Employee works night shift  (12 SH2)
     Same employee is on an upgrade (12 UPG)
     Same employee works overtime

What would the overtime entry look like, and what would be the rate 
computation for the above employee?  

Assumptions:

A Rate $3949.57 $22.79/hour
B Rate $4234.00 $24.43/hour
SH2   $1/hr
UO1 $350  $   5.40/hour (I am assuming a 88 hour period)
UPG $350  $   2.19/hour (I am assuming a 88 hour period)

  W F S S

REG   12 12 12
SH2  N N N N
UPG  12 12 12 12 
USO  12
UO1  12  

It is my understanding that we would need to add the $48 ($1/hr) of shift pay 
to the regular rate of pay ($24.43/hr) to obtain his regular rate of pay 
($25.53).  His USO would then be paid at $457.74 (12 x 25.43 x 1.5).

The UO1 would be calculated at $64.80 (5.40x12).

Second example for this scenario:

A Rate $3949.57 $22.79/hour
B Rate $4234.00 $24.43/hour
SH2   $1/hr
UO1 $350  $   5.40/hour (I am assuming a 88 hour period)
UPG $350  $   2.19/hour (I am assuming a 88 hour period)

  W F S S

REG   12 12 12
SH2  N N N N 
UPG  12 12 
USO  12    2
UO1  12       

It is my understanding that we would need to add the $48 ($1/hr) of shift pay 
to the regular rate of pay ($24.43/hr) to obtain his regular rate of pay 
($25.53).  His USO would then be paid at $457.74 (12 x 25.43 x 1.5).

The UO1 would be calculated at $64.80 (5.40x12).

The USO would be calculated at $76.59 (25.53x1.5x2 hours)

2)  Employee works night shift
      Same employee works overtime

     Does the overtime rate take shift differential into account?

     We've got timesheets that show an employee who worked on a night shift 
for 12 hours.  This was the employee's off day.

     The code was 12 SH2 (for night shift)
                                   12 USO (for overtime)

      Are these time entries correct? Yes.  What would be the rate 
computation for the above employee?

The overtime would need to account for the shift differential.  For the week 
in question Jan 17-23 he has the following hours:

  W F S S

REG   12 12 12 
SH2  N N N N 
USO  12 
                                     
This ees salary is as follows:

A Rate $3949.57 $22.79/hour
B Rate $4234.00 $24.43/hour

It is my understanding that we would need to add the $48 ($1/hr) of shift pay 
to the regular rate of pay ($24.43/hr) to obtain his regular rate of pay 
($25.53).  His USO would then be paid at $457.74 (12 x 25.43 x 1.5).

Jarrod